**W2 Candidates Only Eligible - Third Party Vendors Need Not Apply**Senior Mainframe DeveloperLocation
: Jersey City, NJDuration
: Long-term ContractGroup Description:
This group provides supports to Global Markets Operations and Middle Office, as well as to external partners including Global Wealth & Investment Management, Finance and Risk Technology. The team is collectively responsible for the development, maintenance and production support of processing applications. This group supports the following areas:
- Transaction management
- Confirmations, Settlements & Clearing
- Corporate actions
- Operational risk
- P&L and Balance Sheet
- Reference data
Team mission statement: Provide effective and efficient technology solutions that exceed the needs of our Operations & Middle Office partners and their clients and, where possible, create a competitive advantage that allows the business to maintain and drive growth.Job Description:
- Experienced creating functional designs/specifications from business requirements
- Develop and maintain system documentation as per client expectations
- Responsible for development and support of technical solutions to support Financial services M/F legacy applications.
- Work with management, clients, and other technology teams to ensure the product creates relevant and meaningful business results without negative impact to existing business and technology infrastructure.
- Help clients through technology innovation, business functionality, data and knowledge management, and risk.
- Propose, architect, design, develop, debug, test, troubleshoot, document, implement and support software systems while following appropriate coding standards and design patterns.
- Develop stand-alone and mainframe-based software solutions using standard Software Development Life Cycle procedures.
- Utilize operating systems, servers, databases, data reporting tools, integrated development environments, process monitoring tools and best implementation practices.
- Pro-actively work with Development and Support staff in problem analysis, reproduction, and resolution.
- Perform system analysis and functional decomposition of software applications to derive software quality.
- Execute test cases/procedures and accurately and concisely report both progress and defect status, including gathering and reporting on project quality metrics.
- Enter issues, maintain issues, and manage defect tracking.
- Maintain a close and strong working relationship with teammates.
- Perform ad-hoc testing as needed.
- Resolve test process issues by effectively communicating and cooperating in team-oriented project situations with the Team Lead.
- Troubleshoot and find root cause of issues found during testing using technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering (any) or related plus 10 years of experience in the position offered or as a Senior Systems Analyst, Software Engineer/Developer, Systems Engineer or related.
- Must have prior experience w/ Finance services applications.
- Must have experience implementing solutions with SDLC methodologies.
- Must have experience with COBOL/COBOL2, CICS, Intertest, IMS DB, FileAid, DB2, SPUFI, MVS JCL, TSO/SPF, Endevor.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems��, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a M/F legacy environment.
- A. / B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent field.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.