Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to be based in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer will:
- Provide day-to-day support for Operations to maximize the reliability of production equipment.
- Optimize the maintenance strategies (preventive and corrective) for production equipment.
- Work in conjunction with quality, manufacturing and functional area managers/supervisors to align support systems such as computerized maintenance management system, spare parts inventory, planning and scheduling.
- Act as Technical Lead for the equipment and associated utilities to support projects and enhance Operator and Maintenance Technician capabilities.
- Work with quality, operations, maintenance and engineering to support the site equipment reliability program. Leads technical troubleshooting efforts to determine the root cause of equipment failures and underperformance. Implement timely, effective corrective actions.
- Provide day-to-day support and surveillance of equipment performance, changeover, and maintenance.
- Become a subject matter expert for the site’s Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2) Program and implement and maintain assigned work-streams within the program.
- Lead continuous improvement process using equipment reliability improvement methodologies including Process Excellence tools, FMECA, Risk Analysis and Zero Defects.
- Evaluate maintenance strategies to ensure the effective use of resources and to maximize equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Optimize spare parts inventory to deliver cost effective equipment availability.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as the central reliability measurement tool by ensuring accurate data collection/analysis and by establishing and monitoring reliability Key Performance Indicators.
- Participates in and writes quality investigations and Change Controls as required. Owner of applicable action items.
- Be a reliability subject matter expert (SME) to understand the critical aspect of product, component and labeling requirements. Point of reference for Audit and acts as SME.
- Edits and authors documentation (i.e. Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions) as necessary. Identify opportunities to improve procedures and assist in revisions.
- Become a Power User in the applicable systems and roles assigned. Able to extract data from CMMS. Working knowledge of master data and maintenance processed in CMMS.
- Drives implementation of continuous improvement actions. Acts as a champion for Zero defects/ Lean methodology and application of Lean concepts in work area. Supports team in application of lean concepts and methodology.
- Represent Maintenance in engineering projects led by other groups and lead small projects.
- Meets all regulatory requirements and participates in audits to enhance inspection readiness. Monitors and follows up for ensuring timely completion of all commitments.
- Takes necessary action to eliminate and immediately address safety hazards. Communicate any observed unsafe behaviors immediately.
- Qualify as a GMP trainer. Partner with training department to create training materials.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or related technical field) is required
- 6+ years relevant experience in a regulated business is required.
- Experience in tableting and packaging operations a plus.
- Working knowledge of CMMS, Lean techniques, statistical analysis and automated systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP PM (Preventative Maintenance) is a plus.
- EIT or PE a plus
- This position is based in Lancaster, PA and may require up to 10% travel
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Facilities (Eng)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.