Company: General Electric
Location: Austin, Texas
Posted: August 23, 2017
Reference ID: 2962861
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Senior Consulting Manager represents the business in all aspects of practice leadership, client relationship development and management, upsell, engagement delivery/leadership, people leadership, knowledge management, and solution development. This role serves as the main client interface point for our most complex engagements, accountable to achieve client value / ROI, ensures that client has an exceptional experience and that projects are delivered within scope, on time, and profitably.
• Provide day to day leadership of highly complex, multi-stream engagements; personally involved in ensuring high levels of quality, client satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
• Develop expertise as a senior advisor to the Executive and Director levels in the client organizations, helping the client scope the nature of specific problems they are facing and activating the client to take action.
• Applying critical thinking and various problem solving techniques to frame, shape, socialize and implement value-based solutions.
• Designing and guiding clients through complex change programs and demonstrating material value realization at the conclusion of each work stream phase.
• Ensure engagement financial performance.
• Responsible for the achievement of contracted client engagement outcomes, foreseeing, communicating and mitigating risk.
• Prepare and deliver succinct, clear, insightful and influential executive-level presentations.
• Establish executive level relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
• Responsibility for key metrics to include, but not limited to, staff utilization, financial and budget performance, operating margin, on time project completion and client satisfaction..
• Responsibility for the day-to-day operations and management of the Enterprise Solutions delivery practice in partnership with the Consulting Managers.
• Participating in new solution development giving feedback, input and ideas to global development teams.
• Driving practice development across at least one Enterprise Solutions domain area to include; participating in new solution development giving feedback, input, ideas to global development teams, building consulting practitioner knowledge of the domain, and leading the creation of internal and external thought leadership assets.
• Leading and managing multiple engagement teams providing organizational leadership, mentoring, career development and coaching.
• Requiring, modeling, promoting and completing timely performance feedback to team members.
• Developing and training junior staff.
• Leading the growth of team members with responsibility for performance management, career development and coaching.
• Continuously updates their understanding of the clients' changing clinical and/or operational issues, identifying, communicating and actively supporting GE Healthcare growth opportunities.
• Align and advise clients in support of a Principal or Director to achieve their desired clinical or operational outcomes.
• Actively contribute to securing new opportunities by providing subject matter expertise to develop and present client focused solutions.
Quality Specific Goals
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
1. Bachelors Degree.
2. 7+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting or performance improvement in a healthcare setting.
3. 5+ years of experience leading and managing complex projects with outcome focused deliverables.
4. 3+ years of experience directly or indirectly leading a team of reports.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Power Point.
6. Ability to travel at least 70%.
1. Master's Degree - MBA, MHA, MPHA, advanced HR degree.
2. 10+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting.
3. Strong expertise and understanding of the Healthcare industry and major trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
4. 4+ years of healthcare clinical or administrative experience.
5. Ability to influence and collaborate with senior level management teams.
6. Ability to negotiate complex and strategic contracts.
7. Ability to think creatively and create out of the box solutions for external and internal problems.
8. Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills.
9. Demonstrated project management expertise or certification.
10. Demonstrated expertise in driving change using Change Management tools.
11. 12. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
13. Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly.
14. Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
15. Proven ability to make decisions with limited information and achieve expected results.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Flexible location
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.