What you’ll be doing...
The role of Senior Manager Channel Sales is to lead the Channel partner sales team, growth plan and strategy. Represent goals/positioning/strategy to and with Verizon Sales and Marketing. Positioning of strategic solution-based sales through/with partners to meet/exceed all business/sales targets.
- Manage a team of Client Partner Channels solely responsible for managing and driving sales with indirect partners.
- Formulate and implement strategies as well as tactical sales and business development plans that result in expanding sales in year
- Work with partner executive leadership team and Line of Business heads to define outcome-based, Industry specific, solutions to complement/enhance partner market facing offerings – Partner close loop feedback.
- Orchestrate and execute sales initiatives with defined partners across VES strategic platforms based on product management roadmap.
- Lead all aspects of partner channel sales development working closely with Channel Strategy Office.
- Influence and direct Partner objectives and success metrics,
- Serve in a leadership capacity to communicate Partner requirements for next generation products/solutions.
- Management of overall pipeline and forecasting
- Ensure all partners are compliant with Verizon partner program
The Senior Manager Channel Sales is responsible for building C-Level sales relationships in an effort to execute strategic partner plans to ensure revenue growth and optimum partner execution and joint profitability. The purpose of this position is to further develop existing solutions, routes to market, and executive level partner relationships. Cultivate new relationships; align with IT and Business Groups to uncover new opportunities to grow pipeline. It is critical for the Senior Manager Channel Sales to be a team leader, an astute business person, have exceptional business insight, show executive presence, and have a proven track record of leading Channel sales teams and delivering revenue growth results.
This position will:
- Hire, manage and motivate a team of Channel sales professionals to cultivate partner engagement and plans to meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Develop and manage executive relationships internally and externally, and provide leadership to the other team members in relation to the Enterprise Channels pursuits
- Work with partners to provide feedback on outcome-based, Industry specific, solutions to complement/enhance partner market facing offerings
- Participates in contract negotiations and positioning
- Requires an understanding of Verizon Enterprise services/products and network
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 10+ years successful Channel sales experience.
- Ability to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such.
- Managerial experience.
- Demonstrated in previous roles: strong leadership skills, an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self-direction and motivation, and a proven track record in Channel sales management.
- Broad knowledge and expertise in the industry.
- Demonstrated the ability to further develop existing business and executive level partner relationships, cultivate new relationships, and align with IT and Business Groups to uncover opportunities and develop distribution opportunities
- Demonstrated a detailed understanding of business finance and a high level of awareness of Partners’ business/industry sector. Full understanding of how an investment adds value to the business, how to produce a business case that delivers a compelling financial argument to purchase a solution/service offering, and understanding the principals and application of an ROI model
- Demonstrated good knowledge/understanding of Partners' environment as it relates to their specific sector. Identify sector trends and drivers; understand key applications that solve business problems in sector and help drive solutions that meet customers' specific needs/requirements.
- Demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of VES Strategic Solutions. Capability of identifying, qualifying & progressing opportunities with minimal support. Demonstrated expertise in this competency and could support/coach others
- Established "C" level contact within Partners and demonstrated a detailed understanding of both the Partners' sector and business drivers/challenges. Has good understanding of Solutions Selling methodology and tools and applies these regularly to both gain a better understanding of the Partners' environment and manage the relationship.
- Understanding of effective negotiation techniques and seeks to apply them in most situations. Focused on achieving mutually beneficial, "win-win" results and is alert to Partner or customer buying signals and identifies and acts on closing opportunities.
- Ability to effectively sell Verizon solutions by building strategic relationships with partner senior management team, principles and decision makers; aligning partner and Verizon processes and promoting Verizon programs and offerings.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, develop strong relationships within assigned partners, and:
- Articulate partner business value with consultative selling approaches
- Leverage partners solutions capability to integrate Verizon branded solutions
- Understand the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and sell solutions that VES can deliver
- Assist with developing proposals and oral presentation
- Work in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently
- Team with VES colleagues to develop creative solutions
- Promote cross-brand solutions to promote the overall VES portfolio requiring an understanding of VES and VzW offerings.
- Understand key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the VES solution space
- Proven track record of exceeding annual revenue plan.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with C-Level executives, accomplished and professional, ability to work effectively on their own and work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at a time.
- Negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives.
- Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners and sales teams.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.