Senior Manager, Associate Relations
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We strive to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Are you looking for a role that offers a wide breadth of involvement? Do you enjoy consulting with the business to assist in problem solving? Do you like to have strategic impact and work cross functionally in a dynamic environment? Our HR Associate Relations team is looking for someone who is motivated, willing to take on new and challenging opportunities, and take initiative to make our most important asset - our people - work smoothly.
As Senior Manager of Associate Relations, you will provide strategic partnership and consultation to HR and business partners on Associate Relations metrics, trends, and proactive resolutions to formal employment complaints.
- Partner with HR leaders and business leaders to identify and provide strategic guidance on proactively managing associate issues.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team consultants.
- Investigate and resolve escalated manager and associate issues.
- Resolve manager and associate issues by acting as a coach and providing guidance.
- Help managers, associates, and business leaders reconcile conflicts and disputes.
- Ensure all associates have an objective and knowledgeable resource at their disposal to work through challenging employment, performance and policy issues.
- Partner with key groups such as Legal and Security to ensure legal and regulatory compliance while identifying solutions.
- Investigate and resolve formal employment complaints including harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, etc.
- Review departmental case data to identify trends and recommend action plans for business units to implement.
- Partner with the line of business HR Consultants to enhance people manager capabilities.
- Review policies and procedures that support the associate experience.
- Act as role model and champion for Capital One values.
- Lead internal projects that improve processes that require partnership with cross functional teams and integrative problem-solving skills.
- Maintaining current knowledge of employment law and employment practices.
- Bachlelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of client management experience
- At least 7 years of experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- At least 7 years of Human Resources experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.