The world nowadays is changing faster than ever. Technology and data are reshaping industries and our lives. IBM's access to state of the art analytics, machine learning (Watson), Cloud, blockchain, etc. along with our affinity to experiment and pilot make this a truly unique opportunity to engage, learn, and lead. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. We are seeking a leader with passion, a technical background, and with an experience in leading organizational change and developing high performing teams.In this role, the senior leader will enable our IT professionals to radically simplify, streamline, and apply new technologies into IBM's application development and maintenance, to support IBM B2B Integration across Systems and Supply Chain processes. The role has frequent interactions with all levels of leadership, spanning strategy, delivery, support and all financial aspects, and is a proven stepping stone for further advancement opportunities. Additional responsibilities will include
Relevant skills and beneficial experience includes:
- Create a common vision for serving IBM external Trading Partners, through optimization across Systems and Supply Chain processes
- Drive prioritization across multiple stakeholders based on overall value to IBM business
- Drive Roadmap commitments, and oversee execution through delivery and adoption.
- Manage overall budget and respond to business challenges
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts that result in value add to the business
- Simplify Architectural Landscape, and drive technical strategy based on growth in new technologies (ie. Cloud, Cognitive, Blockchain)
- Streamline communication across multiple teams, and represent the team through up-level and executive management
- Drive organization operational initiatives such as implementation of agile, devops and design thinking practices with goal of driving efficiency and growth.
- Define, Measure and drive teams to course correct issues based on key measures
The travel for this role will be approximately 5-8 trips per year.
- Passion for leading organizational change and building high performing teams, coaching in best practices to drive the progress of our Agile journey, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Managing long-term organizational health including positive career rotations of team members and (as with any technology organization) keeping skills updated and well-matched to changing business dynamics
- Experience in Agile transformation, including use of world class DevOps practices
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, continuous integration and delivery practices, and supporting large Agile development efforts.
- Setting up and managing tools and processes that enable the business of modern software development; recognizing opportunities to improve development and delivery through better tools, automation, and process improvements.
- Managing large sized geographically distributed teams
- Maintaining strong positive relationships with business executive stakeholders and product owners
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.