Company: Buckhead Meat Dallas
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
This position is responsible for executing beef, pork and chicken buying for chain restaurant customers serviced by Sysco’s Specialty Meat Companies (SSMC) and developing key customer relationships through market insight.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with a major U.S. beef packer.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible during peak business times.
- Knowledge of the beef packing industry.
- Preferred knowledge of the specialty meat processing industry.
- Relationship building among numerous stakeholders: suppliers, customers, and SSMC leadership.
- Clear communication skills, written and oral.
- Proven track record of buying, selling, or handling boxed beef.
- Strategic approach to buying; spot and longer term contracting (monthly, quarterly, annual).
- Preparation and presentation of market information to key stakeholders.
- Forming opinions of the cattle market based on quantitative information: cattle on feed, beef inventory levels, packer sold positions, USDA reports, subprimal seasonality, quality grade out trends, feedlot capacity levels, etc.
- Taking positions based on the aforementioned opinions.
- Pricing key SSMC customers
- Tracking inbound raw material purchases and inventory management for key SSMC customers.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- 4 years minimum experience in the meat industry.
- 4 years minimum work experience with a U.S. beef packer.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works primarily in an office environment, with occasional customer interaction in the field. Subsequently may have to deal with various types of climates and driving conditions.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please call Sandra Garcia at 214-331-8711
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco Speciality Meat Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Speciality Meat Group. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Sysco Specialty Meat Group.
Employment Type: Full Time
A little about us: