The Sr. Manager of Benefits will be responsible for the development of the overall U.S. benefit strategy and effective execution of the programs, including health (medical, dental and vision), retirement, paid time off policies, and wellness; oversight of plan design and pricing strategies, communication, administration and compliance. Reporting to the Managing Director, Global Benefits, this role is a strategic partner of the Global Rewards team and a leader/mentor to Benefits, HR and global rewards professionals.
Supporting the evolution and integration of the AMP Wellness strategy which includes on site medical and fitness centers, wellbeing programs and financial incentives to help employees achieve their personal health, emotional and financial objectives, is also an important function of this role. Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the management of all US plans including open enrollment, 401(k), other retirement plans, vendor management, and government compliance.
- Ensures that benefits responsibilities are completed in a timely manner, and understands end to end processes and customer experience.
- Makes recommendations and decisions that create a strategic advantage and support Applied's business and talent strategies.
- Recognizes and addresses company-wide implications. Ability to negotiate and sell major initiatives to senior management. Ability to see broad strategic HR issues and apply rewards programming/recommend alternative solutions.
- Partners with internal and external partners/consultants to ensure benefits offerings are cost effective, competitive, and aligned with business and talent strategies.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, including filing Form 5500's, updated plan documents and summary plan descriptions (SPD's), non-discrimination testing, required plan notices, etc.
- Review and analyze benefit trends; provide pricing and cost data to corporate users for new and ongoing business development.
- Manage a team of 2 direct reports
Thorough and detailed knowledge of U.S. benefits policies, practices, procedures, laws, regulations and system tools. The ideal candidate has strong technical expertise with 401(k) and Deferred Compensation plan design and administration, as well as experience with ERISA self-insured health and welfare plans. Skills and Abilities
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Strong communication, organizational, collaboration, documentation, and presentation skills
- Business and HR acumen; strong Benefits expertise.
- Strong innovation, analytical, and creative problem solving skills
- Strong capacity to deal with ambiguity and risk taking
- Strong project management skills
- Strong vendor management and budget management experience
- Team oriented mentality. Excellent coaching and team building skills.
- Demonstrated multi-cultural skills
- Ability to travel
- Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- B.S. level degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources, including 5 years in benefits and 3 years of management experience
CANDIDATES ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- High technology industry experience
- Experience in support of a variety of client functions
- Experience with global/multi-national and matrixed organizations
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.