PharMEDium Services, a subsidiary of AmerisourceBergen, is a growing outsource compounding organization servicing hospitals nationwide.
Under general direction of the Vice President, Customer Service, Sales Operations & Business Development, responsible for analyzing activities that support the ongoing development of PharMEDium's long-term business plan. Will have a significant business development track record and a proven ability to strategically assess and capitalize upon market conditions and trends, including both domestic and international opportunities as well as leading and closing complex negotiations with relevant companies.
He/she will have a demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative and partnership-based approach to achieve PharMEDium's business goals, with internal business partners as well as with external companies and constituents. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications: Experience and Educational Requirements
- Responsible for driving business development initiatives for PharMEDium to support its long-term growth plans. Focus is both external and internal (i.e., includes working with all of AmerisourceBergen business units and operating companies as appropriate).
- Provide analysis and recommendations on strategic fit and financial implications of various strategic business initiatives.
- Works with PharMEDium senior leadership in the development of strategic business plans and initiatives, including external landscape reviews, scenario analysis, and decision support.
- Supports efforts to align and integrate PharMEDium's strategic priorities with its business strategies; ensures consistency and quality; creates and communicates short and long-term strategic messages, both internally and externally.
- Analyzes and recommends prospective initiatives for strategic partnership, organic growth and/or acquisition through internal AmerisourceBergen and external industry-wide networking.
- Provides strategic input and contributes to the design and development of potential business development opportunities.
- Leads the initial strategic, business, operational and financial review of potential opportunities along with the prioritization process.
- Negotiates and provides active input on all major terms for agreements being drafted and providing leadership and direction in finalizing contract negotiations successfully.
- Maintains industry-wide perspective on major trends, including macro-economic, customer, regulatory, technology, product and competitive trends; identifies implications for PharMEDium.
- Follows competitive analysis and benchmarking to understand key areas of opportunity and development.
- Leads projects and assignments, which require commitment from interdepartmental and external resources.
- Effectively represents PharMEDium to external and internal constituents.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
An MBA is required as well as a minimum of eight (8) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in one of the following industries of healthcare, pharmaceuticals, medical devices/technologies, life sciences, or other related field. Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Strong business acumen, financial expertise and negotiation skills
- Strong strategic thinker with proven financial modeling, decision support, and tactical execution capabilities
- Ability to address the complex interrelationships among factors that influence the solutions to business issues in order to articulate key business strategies
- Deep knowledge of healthcare industry
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and expresses ideas clearly, concisely and logically
- Ability to make balanced and insightful decisions
- Quick thinker and learner
- Ability to multi-task and work on several complex projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.