Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Business Development in Irvine, CA aligned to our Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) division of the Medical Device Sector. This position will have reporting into the VP Business Development, US President, and US Commercial Finance Lead.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
The Manager of Commercial Business Development will be responsible for developing commercial business development programs for the North America region to ensure the best use of company resources in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Develops and executes strategies to identify, assess, and pursue new business opportunities.
- Translates unmet customer and market needs to identify potential new business opportunities.
- Develops and manages relationships with targets of potential collaborations and distribution deals—including diligence and negotiation processes.
- Develops business cases for opportunities, including leading the vetting and validation of ideas and opportunities.
- Delivers oral presentations to management boards to gain approval of new opportunities.
- Negotiates and closes deals and integrates into J&J.
- Drives rapid execution and integration of approved deals.
- A minimum of a BS or BA is required, preferably in a technical discipline such as finance, business, marketing or engineering. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a medical device, pharmaceutical company or biotech firm is required.
- A demonstrated success in identifying and developing new market and business opportunities assessments is required.
- A demonstrated success in developing and managing strategic relationships to accomplish business objectives is required.
- Strong multi-disciplinary skills in marketing, marketing research, financial analysis, strategic planning is preferred.
- Strong communication, collaboration, project management and organizational influence skills is required.
- Excellent writing and presentations skills required.
- Good interpersonal skills with emphasis on leadership, relationship development and influence management.
- Up to 20% domestic travel will be required.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function
Business DevelopmentRequisition ID