What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a seasoned partnership professional with an analytical mindset passionate about the business of location and geospatial services to lead and manage the strategy & business development for the Business Operations team in the Location Services & Data Commercialization group within the Strategic Platforms organization of Verizon. This team is an exciting new organization that manages industry leading consumer location products such as MapQuest, a suite of top-tier enterprise location service products and go-to-market strategies and commercialization for a portfolio of business intelligence and emerging technology products. As such, this person will report to the Director of Business Operations & Strategy and will be responsible for a developing a partnership strategy and conducting a wide variety of deal negotiations to support new and established product lines across Verizon
- Lead organization-wide partnership negotiations to support consumer, enterprise and sales initiatives.
- Work regularly with organizational stakeholders (sales, product, engineering, partner management, finance ops, cross-divisional business units, etc.) to identify go-to-market partnership strategies and source new opportunities with respect to the development and maintenance of consumer and enterprise products to enable business objectives
- Design partner requirements documents, deal terms, deal economics and lead negotiations with a diversity of industry partners (data licensing, marketing agencies, technical licenses, advertising agreements, sponsorships, professional services agreements, etc.) to execute against the strategic partnership plan.
- Analyze, prioritize and execute against partnership pipeline to support the organization in efficient and effective partnership acquisitions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain an engaged and positive relationship with partners and key people in the industry, and develop strong relationships with broader stakeholders in the geospatial and business intelligence community.
- Regularly research and analyze the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging content areas, and the competitive landscape.
- Anticipate risks and drive risk management with cross-functional team.
- Participate in key conference and trade show opportunities to develop new business, grow industry presence and maintain alignment with existing partners.
- Identify win-win strategies that facilitate success for the business and our partners.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in high volume business development and strategy role.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Proven ability negotiating a diverse array of high-profile, high-value strategic agreements in high-pressure environments with tight deadlines.
- A track record of success in building partnership strategies and leading business development teams in fluid environments.
- Strong project management and organization skills and the ability to be adaptive and effective in a quickly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and data analysis skills. Fantastic quantitative and qualitative judgment.
- Strong working relationships partners. Develop and maintain good relationships with partners and the industry at large, representing the company in a manner that builds trade quality and promotes the company.
- Ability to quantitatively and qualitatively assess markets and business models for attractiveness and strategic fit, including creating and analyzing complex financial models and statistically analyzing the results of primary and secondary research.
- Ability to work creatively in an environment of blank pages, ambiguity and unfamiliar areas of opportunity.
- Ability to create a long-range strategic vision, drive the growth strategy process, and transform vision into meaningful results.
- Entrepreneurial approach to identifying and evaluating new growth opportunities.
- Passionate about consumer and enterprise location products and services.
- Ability to travel regularly to support partnership development.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.