Responsible for working collaboratively with all areas of the business to enable completion of the enterprise wide budgeting and planning processes for the U.S. Marketing Company. This role includes responsibility for oversight of multiple reporting and planning applications to ensure the financial data is accurately represented.Major Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial processes, including supporting systems, for budgets (LRP/RBU), LV/Outturn forecasts and local management reports.
- Leads the U.S. Budget and Long Range Plan submissions to Group Finance in accordance with defined group reporting requirements
- Leads communication and alignment with Group Finance regarding financial submissions requirements
- Ensures forecast and actual data loaded into multiple financial reporting applications and management reports is accurate and aligned.
- Responsible for obtaining a solid understanding of the US and global AstraZeneca portfolio of brands and functional areas along with key business drivers, risk factors and trends and applying this knowledge.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities to the planning and reporting processes.
- Assist in preparation of presentations, reports and associated analysis for USLT, USFLT, MBR, QBR, CFO requests.
- Supports ad-hoc reporting requirements and financial analysis for local and group management.
- Perform North American regional reporting as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required. (Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 6+ years of financial experience required
- Knowledge of US operating model
- Excellent PC skills and experience including Hyperion Planning, SAP, SAP Business Warehouse, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral and written
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork to meet deliverables
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage multiple and frequently changing priorities
- Demonstrated capability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of ownership and strong sense of urgency
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- Strong financial system acumen
- Previous Financial Planning & Analysis experience
- US Commercial Finance and Controllers Group
- UK Group Finance (multiple stakeholders)
- FP&A groups with NAM SET area - US Commercial (all Therapeutic Areas), Canada