Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Senior Manager - Cash Management Executive, Treasury Sales (McLean, VA or Bethesda, MD)
This position is for a Cash Management Executive III, Treasury Sales. The role focuses on developing and sourcing full service depository and TM relationships for government clients. The CME builds a book of business through deposit growth, treasury management services, cross-sell, prospecting for new-to-bank clients, and referrals for credit, capital market, and wealth and asset management needs. They will also develop, market, and administer existing account services. The CME works independently with a minimum of supervision from the team leader. The CME also provides input into the overall goals, objectives, marketing plans and budgets for Treasury Management. He or she will be the single point of accountability and expert advisor on clients’ deposit, treasury management, and other company and personal liquidity needs within the government space.
Develops and maintains client relationships, gathering deposits and selling treasury management services within a defined client segment (Mid-Atlantic region):
- Drives client growth by generating high quality new treasury management and deposit business, cross-selling of additional treasury management services, and relationship consolidation.
- Meets with and regularly calls existing clients/prospects in order to achieve or exceed specific production goals (coordinating with Commercial, Business Banking, and Retail Account Officers where applicable).
- Identifies new business opportunities by leveraging existing client referrals, natural markets, and business partners, as well as other external resources (including COIs).
- Develops a business plan that forecasts the upcoming year’s growth (aligning with departmental budget and ensuring consistency with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives).
- Assists the Department Manager in developing a sales strategy, communicating and coordinating sales objectives with Senior and Executive Management within defined territory.
- Assists Commercial, Business Banking, and Retail Account Officers in understanding treasury management product risk and ensuring Capital One credit policies are applied throughout the sales cycle.
- Ensures that Commercial, Business Banking, Retail Account Officers, and other bank personnel, as appropriate, are aware of Capital One’s treasury management services by developing and conducting internal training programs.
- Updates and maintains Capital One’s CRM system (regarding sales calls, pipelines, closed sales, etc.) to enable the generation of monthly activity reports to track sales and revenue growth of market segment.
- Assists less senior Treasury Management Sales employees in their Sales efforts, when applicable.
Acts as a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects:
- Meets with customers through personal calling efforts, branch referrals, and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend solutions.
- Analyzes the cash position/flow and proposes appropriate services.
- Drives increased product usage of established treasury services.
- Leverages bank experts to establish Capital One as a thoughtful and trusted advisor on deposit, investment, and treasury management topics.
- Develops a deep understanding of client structure, cash flow, banking relationships, processes, costs, and pain points to develop and present compelling proposals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, developments, best practices, and competitors’ products and pricing in the field of treasury management.
- Attends and participates as speaker at conferences/trade shows to build Capital One’s brand when applicable.
- Receives new products and product enhancement information/training from Treasury Management's product staff.
- Reviews monthly Account Analysis Statements in a timely manner, ensuring newly implemented services are being properly charged; ensures appropriate pricing and revenue yield on new and established relationships.
Ensures industry-leading client experience in partnership with service organizations:
- Serves as a point of escalation for operational problems reported by clients and drives resolution in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Proactively addresses attrition risks by addressing concerns with clients and escalating internally as necessary.
- Works with Client Onboarding Manager to prepare agreements in order to establish new client services, performing timely follow-up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Prepares agreements, implementation documentation, and procedures in order to establish new customers on the system.
Helps build Capital One’s presence and capabilities:
- Reviews market research data and, in conjunction with Marketing, builds prospect lists within industry types or geographic locations.
- Helps design treasury management services, providing market data on strengths/weaknesses of existing services and on new product needs not currently met.
- Identifies and qualifies credit, wealth management, and capital market referrals to partner organizations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years Treasury Management Sales experience
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation
- Advanced knowledge across the full suite of Treasury Management industry products and services, especially Commercial Card, Armored Vault Currency Processing, and/or Lockbox
- Experience in Government Banking, especially Middle/Large Government Entities, Municipalities, and/or School Districts
- Superior judgment in assessing and handling risk factors associated with sophisticated sales opportunities
- Ability to develop, market, and implement a sales plan and strategy with minimal guidance
- Advanced writing skills required to create proposals, sales presentations, and RFP/RFI responses
- Superior verbal communications skills and oral presentation skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.