Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Business Strategy
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1022120
What You'll Do
Cisco's corporate development team leads our global venture investing efforts and all corporate development activities including acquisitions and strategy. Its charter is to define corporate strategy 1-3 years out and accelerate company growth through investments, partnerships and acquisitions. With a $2 billion portfolio in over 80 companies and over 35 LP positions, Cisco Investments is one of the most active deal teams in the technology industry. We have unparalleled visibility and deal access across the high tech landscape through high-impact investments and acquisitions. We partner closely with leading startups, venture capital firms, investment banks and Cisco's internal product and business leaders to drive the company's long-term strategy.
Who You'll Work With
For this position, the Corporate Development Manager would be responsible for leading acquisitions and investments for Cisco with a particular focus on Security and Security Services. This Manager would be responsible for all aspects of corporate deal making, including but not limited to strategy development, deal sourcing, and deal execution, working with internal stake holders as well as external venture/PE, financial advisory, government, and other partners. You will join a high-performing team that is seen as a thought-leader and top corporate investor in the Technology Sector and has generated strong returns for Cisco through its investment portfolio and acquisitions. We are looking for a dynamic team player to join and further accelerate our efforts
Who You Are
Candidates are expected to lead discussions with top executives both inside and outside of the company and make decisions that have a high degree of strategic and financial impact. Other critical requirements are: (1) strategy and deal experience in the Technology market (2) strong communication and analytical skills; and (3) proven leadership capabilities and the ability to operate successfully in an unstructured, team-oriented environment.
• Collaborating with business unit colleagues to develop and articulate segment or market strategies and define the role of investments and acquisitions vis-à-vis internal development or partnering to achieve these strategies
• Sourcing investment and acquisition opportunities which align to the strategies or market theses
• Analysis of investment and acquisition opportunities against defined criteria, and evaluation of key drivers and commercial assumptions
• Financial modeling of structures and returns from investment and acquisition opportunities
• Preparing and presenting investment and acquisition cases for review by relevant corporate review boards
• Leading due diligence on investment and acquisition opportunities
• Structuring and negotiating transactions
• Monitor portfolio, identify potential issues, driving remedial actions, and assist in structuring exits. The Manager would hold observer seats on the boards of investment portfolio companies where appropriate
Our Minimum Requirements Are
• Experience in the high-tech industry, and at least 2-4 years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, equity research, venture capital, or corporate or business development
• Strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior executives across various business units and global theaters
• Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions with minimal supervision
• MBA from a top tier program
Our Desired Skills Are
• Security & services sector experience and knowledge preferred
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.