The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Commercial Education aligned to Biosense Webster (BWI) located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Manager, Commercial Education is a leader in the Biosense Webster education and training function focusing on internal clinical training & competency development of the field organization. This individual leads a team that is responsible for the design and execution of learning across the North America franchise aligned with the global strategy and regional business requirements.
• This position will manage a Commercial Education Manager team and Specialized Program Managers (ACAS Program Manager, Advanced Clinical Education Manager) in the implementation, and delivery of internal clinical education programs, and work closely with multiple stakeholders to develop and execute clinical programs.
• This role is responsible for ensuring programs are implemented to be both highly effective and highly efficient while adhering to global standards.
• This person will be a member of the N/A Commercial Education Leadership Team and is expected to provide input on decisions and support J&J Medical Device initiatives.
• The Senior Manager, Commercial Education will be responsible for leading a team to establishment and implementation of Educational Design and Adult Learning Techniques in the building of clinical and technical training of internal employees.
• This position will enable the organization to be capable of creating learning pathways, curriculum, and learning modules intended to be delivered in a variety of forms, such as the classroom and eLearning platforms.
• Senior Manager, Commercial Education will ensure content and associated curriculums are relevant to the North American business needs and that all new and applicable technologies/products are incorporated.
• Clinical training curriculums will be regionalized in partnership with Global Strategy and Design and require collaboration with cross-functional partners such as Commercial Marketing, Medical Science, Global Marketing, Professional Education, Clinical, Regulatory, HCC and R&D.
• The Senior Manager, Commercial Education will identify and align process efficiencies through Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Global Education Solutions center of excellence.
• The Senior Manager, Commercial Education will develop internal field training programs and educational continuums to meet the needs of the US market model including; clinical field specialists and sales professionals and will oversee the communication of learning programs to the targeted learners.
• The Senior Manager, Commercial Education is responsible for leading all efforts of the Education Team including supervision of Managers, Commercial Education and Specialized Program Managers, and providing development opportunities for his/her direct reports aligned with the Learning Professional Competency Model.
• This position will ensure all content and curriculums are reviewed regularly and in accordance with Biosense Webster’s company regulatory and legal review policy.
• Oversight of curriculums that will incorporate instructor led programs, study self-study, virtual classroom environment, and remote experiences for initial content delivery and continuing education aligned to the global 30-40-30 strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring program objectives are achieved through the adoption and implementation of the Commercial Education metrics strategy.
• Manage budget related to programs and projects, effectively planning and projecting for future program growth and substantiating any financial needs to sustain organizational support.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• An advanced degree is preferred i.e. MBA or M. Ed.
• Minimum of 8 years total professional experience is required.
• Demonstrated proven track record of managing close customer relationships is required.
• Experience developing and/or delivering educational training programs is required.
• Experience within medical device sales and/or clinical environment is preferred.
• Previous leadership and/or people management experience is preferred.
• Experience working within a Learning Management System (LMS) is preferred.
• Experience within Cardiology and/or Electrophysiology is preferred.
• Effective communications skills within all levels of the organization is required.
• The ability to manage and work within the complexities of a cross functional team is required.
• Experience launching new products and/or trainings is required.
• This position is based in Irvine, CA and will require up to 15% travel both domestic and international.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Sales TrainingRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.