Plaza Of Americas (31012), United States of America, Dallas, Texas
Senior Manager, Commercial Underwriter III
If you want to be part of a fast-paced, client-centric and strategically growing business, Capital One Commercial Banking wants you to join our talented group! Capital One is committed to excellence in the solutions we offer, the industries we serve, and the way we work with clients. Today, Capital One Commercial Banking group services a $65 billion loan portfolio, serving more than 6,100 clients. We offer a range of solutions including Commercial Lending, Depository Services, Treasury Management, Capital Markets, Private Banking and Wealth Management, and Corporate Cards. On the Commercial Banking team, you’ll find energized, positive people rolling up their sleeves to deliver value-added solutions, products and services for our clients. From facilitating meetings with bankers and clients, to preparing client communications, you’ll be the one to help deepen relationships while strengthening our brand. For more information on Capital One’s Commercial Bank, please visit http://www.capitalonecommercial.com.
- Analyze all aspects of an applicant’s business to determine credit worthiness and ability to pay under the terms and conditions set forth in the credit approval to minimize default risk and maximize the bank’s profitability. This includes analysis of bank statements, credit card processing statements, tax returns and/or financial statements (balance sheet, income statements, cash flow statements)
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors. Identifies and mitigates risks associated with individual borrower’s credit requests including industry risks
- Decisions credit requests and prepares credit packages for approval within prescribed timeframes to meet business partners and customers expectations
- Understand and employ all policies and procedures of the Bank and the Line of Business.
- Prepare the written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms for routine credit facilities.
- Performs and verifies compliance with loan policy, AML, KYC and all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Determine the proper risk rating for all facilities within an assigned loan portfolio and complete the required paperwork for any rating changes.
- Remain up-to-date on all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures and on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting bank compliance.
- Assist in developing new strategies to improve customer experience and manage risk in processes related to fraud and severity management.
- At least 5 years of commercial underwriting experience or similar experience lending to companies with revenues between $10MM - $250MM
- Some combination of underwriting, project execution, compliance, and leadership experience.
- Understanding of credit products, working knowledge of business lending laws and regulations
- Excellent communications skills, attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive tasks in a face paced environment
- Familiarity with credit scoring systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of Commercial underwriting experience or At least 5 years of Business Banking Underwriting experience
- A Master’s in Business Administration or a Master’s in Accounting
- Formal Credit Training
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.