McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Communications - Risk Management
Corporate Communications teams at Capital One are charged with designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge employee communication strategies that drive associate behavioral changes and deliver business results. At Capital One, it’s all about dreaming, disrupting and delivering a better way and one way we’re doing that is through digital innovation. If you have the drive for building an amazing digital communications experience that impacts the lives of thousands of employees, we want to talk to you. We’re looking for consumer-centric and test-and-learn approaches for our communications strategies.
As the Head of Communications for the Risk Management Communications team, you will be responsible for leading and driving communications outcomes for the Risk Management business by supporting executive communications, contributing to associate engagement, and influencing culture.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing an effective, comprehensive employee-facing communications strategy for the Chief Risk Officer at Capital One
- Serving as a strategic communications advisor to Risk Management executive leaders with the ability to flex between consulting for different executive leaders
- Ensuring that communications tell an articulate, consistent story about business priorities with a strong voice and in the right channels; inspiring confidence in Risk Management’s leadership and business strategy; and helping the business achieve their targeted results
- Ensuring all messaging and communications strategies are focused, accurate, and aligned within Risk Management
- Effectively partnering with Risk Management executives, Risk Management HR Consultants, other line of business communicators, and others to ensure desired communications outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in one or more of the following: corporate communications, internal business communications, or leading large-scale organizational change and communication projects
- At least 4 years of digital communications experience
- At least 2 years of experience working in an environment that leverages Agile principles to organize and drive work.
- At least 10 years of work experience in communications consulting or public/corporate communications
- At least 2 years of experience working with a technology-oriented customer experience company
- At least 2 years of experience with cutting-edge digital media tools
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven ability as a strategic thinker and problem-solver
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization capabilities
- Strong judgment, influence, leadership, and integrity
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.