Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager Consumer Health Finance BP National Sales, are to:
Who you are
- Manage national-level P&L - identify/understand business drivers, trends, risks and areas of opportunities;
- Elevate Sales' awareness regarding their financial status nationally - analyze key financial measures / KPI's (e.g., Customer P&L, CPF, OPEX, inventory levels, consumptions data, and invalid deductions) vs. targets, identify issues and cross-channel trends and solutions;
- Establish financial operating rhythm for Sales, and coordinate Sales' inputs to division planning processes (StraCo, OPC, FCST, MEND/QUEND);
- Drive financial steering and reviews for all planning & actual cycles in line with the corporate timelines & targets;
- Partner closely with sales effectiveness in support of trade fund planning activities in coordination with the sales finance BP's & steer all CPF accruals activities in coordination with accounting BP;
- Act responsible for the CPF MEND process and the reconciliation of the planned & committed vs. earned funds across the business areas;
- Partner with Sales strategy team in steering of national account plans and the Risk & opportunities process;
- Own the national Ops Review model including the consolidation of performance commentaries and business drivers at a national level for all sales variables and customer P&L's;
- Act as an advisor to national trade planning, and develop executive presentations for planning rollup;
- Partner with Brand finance to align on sales forecast assumptions and identify potential trade funds shifts;
- Manage HQ cost centers and provide status updates on national spending - identify issues and cross-channel trends, and lead the trade- off decisions across sales cost centers to balance overall budget;
- Review and pressure test forecast assumptions across channels - create national forecast summary (monthly), reconcile Sales forecast with Brand and CDP forecasts, conduct weekly forecast update reviews and analyze Sales forecast vs. quota, previous forecasts & prior year;
- Prepare cross channel analytics (Cost to Serve, T/S ratio, Customer Profitability, COGS, etc.) to understand impact of customer mix on national P&L, and to establish cross channel benchmarking/KPIs;
- Analyze invalid deductions (P3s, write-offs, <$200 deductions, collection rate) nationally to identify areas of concern, and lead savings initiatives with customer logistics;
- Analyze inventory levels in relation to consumption and sales performance at a customer level;
- Analyze customer external financial reports (10K & 10Q) and benchmark against internal financial KPI's;
- Perform simulation analysis on planning scenarios to support national sales trade off decisions and investment choices;
- Act as a change agent to establish Sales finance excellence across SF BPs and ensure best practice sharing;
- Manage cross channel initiatives and analytics in collaboration with sales finance BP's & sales teams;
- Own sales finance BP financial calendar, share point, team meeting agenda's in line SF BP priorities;
- Indirectly lead Central Controlling analyst to ensure all SF related transactional activities and reporting requirements are met;
- Support the Head of Sales Finance with ad-hoc analytics and initiatives in support of the Sales organization.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BA/BS with +10 years of experience in Finance and/or Sales Management required; Master's Degree in Finance or Business related discipline with +8 years of experience in Finance and/or Sales management position;
- Solid business / commercial experience preferably in Life Sciences or FMCG; focus on driving key business priorities and results;
- Understands the complexities of financial and business transactions of a global operating business;
- Excellent financial acumen, with strong analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills;
- Strong Customer P&L management experience is a must;
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated track record in multi-task management and priority setting ability;
- Good understanding of corporate finance planning cycles, time lines and sales account planning;
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, and recommend opportunities;
- Strong business partner skills and ability to effectively balance between Sales & Finance views "ability to wear multiple hats and serve multiple customers;"
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and influence others without authority throughout all levels of management;
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially Power Point & Excel " financial modeling & simulation analysis;"
- Ability to travel domestically for National Quarterly reviews;
- Fluent English.
- Master's Degree;
- Strong understanding of financial system such as SAP and Hyperion;
- Seasoned judgment and a good ability to make recommendations in the context of the big picture;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Strong networking capabilities to maneuver within the matrix organization between backbone functions and the division;
- Strong cross-functional networking skills and ability to work cross-culturally.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.