The Sr. Manager of Consumer Insights will act as a strategic partner to GNG senior management in identifying foundational learning to drive the growth of the entire global nutrition portfolio. This role will be responsible for: identifying and tracking the key levers of growth, including global demand drivers; understanding the critical decisions necessary to drive growth; and delivering rigorous, predictive foundational analytics & insights that influence these decisions.
You will work with the Consumer Insights & Strategy Director in creating and executing research plans in support of the Innovation team as well as championing Trends & Foresights within the organization. You must be collaborative and able to work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of multi-year brand and portfolio growth strategies. An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity will be necessary to succeed within this role. Accountabilities:
- Responsible for delivering an ongoing program of rigorous & predictive foundational analytics that materially impact critical business decisions regarding the growth of the global beverages portfolio
- Specific responsibility for synthesis of learning across studies and markets to better inform global harmonization/prioritization at an individual brand and/or category level - with a focus on trends, clear storytelling and actionable recommendations
- Support the broader foundational insights agenda with responsibility for managing a program of ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative research and workshop sessions that link to and drive the commercial agenda, with clear recommendations on "where to play" and "how to win"
- Partner with the Global Insights team to build foundational insights & analytics capability and pioneer the adoption and validation of new technologies, systems, vendors and tools that enable us to be faster and more predictive
- Help to oversee the relationship with our global analytics & tracking vendors (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, Millward Brown)
- Build strong, two-way relationships with insight leads in each region, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to foundational insights, analytics & tracking
- Partner closely with marketing and finance to ensure the integration of learnings into ongoing strategic & financial planning
- Requires global travel (~15%)
- Minimum 6-8 years in a strategic insights / analytics role, with a very strong background in analytics
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree preferred
- Broad and current consumer packaged goods experience to be able to both identify and initiate appropriate actions and decisions
- Strong analytical skills, ability to translate findings from multiple data sources into clear & meaningful recommendations
- Able to work across geographies / cross culturally and navigate differences to find common good.
- A can-do attitude, with an ability to flex, prioritize and move at the speed of the business
- A decision change agent, able to identify the key decisions that will drive growth, advocate for their recommendations and effectively influence decision makers
- An out-of-the-box thinker, able to think creatively, imaginatively and holistically
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, bringing out the best in the wider team
- A clear communicator, who is able to deliver findings in an engaging, fresh and impactful manner, cutting through the complex to tell a simple, compelling narrative
- An effective networker, who is able to build strong relationships with global counterparts
- A deep understanding of how to turn insights into action and impact the commercial agenda
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.