Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Content Strategy Development & Writer, Medical Devices to join its Global Stakeholder Activation Team, based in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Manager, Content Strategy Development & Writer, Medical Devices will report to the Global Organizational Communication Leader for Medical Devices and also work with the Global Leader for Medical Devices Communication & Public Affairs.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for crafting communications on a variety of topics for senior executives in Medical Devices. This includes writing and editing compelling copy that helps us achieve our internal and external goals. The Senior Manager will build relationships with a range of stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization to generate exceptional content. Additionally, this person will be responsible for speechwriting, developing messages, presentations, and content to support programs and annual meetings, that clearly articulate the vision and strategy of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, both internally and externally. She/he will accurately perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
The Senior Manager, Content Strategy Development & Writer, Medical Devices will ensure the development of clear, frequent, consistent and creative communication materials that inspire and engage employees, and external stakeholders, and position Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies as an innovative leader in the industry. Due to the high visibility of this role, the ideal candidate must be a consummate professional and strong communicator.
• Write and edit original content in a variety of formats to bring to stakeholders an understanding of complex topics and business strategies, highlight successes, develop stories, and build awareness about programs and engagement around initiatives.
• Proofread and edit content to ensure consistent voice and messaging, proper grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and technical accuracy.
• Ability to translate complex business concepts to clear, compelling prose for a variety of audiences.
• Collaborate with colleagues worldwide to plan communications, counsel on communication standards and develop content.
• Ensure excellence in management of situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation.
• Maintain deep understanding of current issues in the environment affecting the reputation of the enterprise, Medical Devices and its brands.
• Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to curate content/stories on behalf of senior executives around our vision, strategy, pipeline and progress.
• Desire to be an effective team member and contribute proactively to group success.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field is required.
• Journalism and news room experience preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years writing and editing experience in a deadline-driven environment is required.
• Clear, concise writer who can distill complex ideas to easily understood language is preferred.
• Excellent sense of news judgment and awareness of industry events and trends is preferred.
• Must be comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines is required.
• Vigilant attention to detail is required.
• Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency is required.
• Confidence to share opinions and suggest improvements is preferred.
• Ability to interact professionally with all levels of leadership is required.
• Demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic relationships and influence with key stakeholders is required.
• Deep understanding of digital and social platforms is required.
• Outstanding strategic thinking and writing/analytical ability is preferred.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, maintain strict confidentiality, independently assess and resolve complex situations/problems, and have the flexibility to respond to shifting priorities with great frequency is required.
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills is required.
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function