Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.Job Summary
This role will lead Amgen's Global Purchase to Pay organization within Global Business Services. The Senior Manager Contract to Pay is responsible for partnering with the regional Contract to Pay service owners to ensure we are performing agreed services in accordance with defined service levels. This position is responsible for defining the global source to pay process and looking at ways to continuously improve the process. This position will play an integral role in the Source to Pay Initiative Amgen is currently running to transform our end to end process. The successful candidate will interact with key leadership and staff across Amgen, including internal and external customers.
- Accountable for Delivery of end to end purchase to pay services, includes managing team of ~10 retained staff and a BPO provider.
- Managing the Purchase to Pay process including monitoring process health metrics and driving continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, regulations and laws within the Contract to Pay process
- Partner with Service Owners, Global Strategic Sourcing and other Leaders to understand requirements and priorities impacting the contract to pay process
- Drive stakeholder satisfaction through identifying value add and continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage issues, develop solutions and drive escalation as needed
- Participate in projects to support Global Business Services and the Contract to Pay services
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Finance experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Finance experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Finance experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Finance experience AND 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.
Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
- Bachelor's degree in business
- 5+ years' experience in Procure to Pay processes
- Experience working for a Global corporation
- Experience in managing stakeholders through change
- Experience in preparing executive communication to include written and oral presentations
- Demonstrated experience in process and service management
- Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Ability to influence at all levels with a customer facing mindset
- Ability to take initiative and work within an autonomous environment
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.