Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Business Strategy
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1017684
Senior Manager Corporate Development - Enterprise Networking
What You'll Do
You will be part of Corporate Development / Cisco Investments. This team is responsible for global M&A and venture investments. We are an active investor with more than 40 investment professionals with deep market and technology expertise located in major geographies, including the US, Europe, Israel, China, Japan, China, and India. Over the last 20 years, Cisco Investments has invested in hundreds of companies across different segments and helped them build to successful IPOs or acquisitions. We currently have an active portfolio of $2B with over 80 direct investments around the world, and we also hold Limited Partner positions in over 35 funds globally. Having invested in over 200 companies and completed more than 180 acquisitions, the team has unparalleled experience and visibility across the high tech industry.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is responsible for driving Cisco's long-term growth strategy through venture capital investments and acquisitions. The team proactively sources new opportunities, develops strategic perspectives on innovative market segments, executes on M&A transactions and actively manages VC investments as part of Cisco Investments. Cisco is looking to add an exceptional team member focused specifically on enterprise networking, which includes wireless routing, branch routing, access switching, and Cisco Meraki cloud networking. Enterprise networking is an area where Cisco has been one of the most active venture investors and acquirers globally.
Who You Are
You will be an integral part of the deal team and will lead a wide range of activities, including: identifying new investment and acquisition opportunities, building the strategy and business case in close partnership with business unit leaders, leading all stages of acquisition and investment process, and negotiating deals terms.
• Source and propose investments, partnerships and M&A transactions
• Build the business case to execute transactions (investments, acquisitions, partnerships etc.)
• Conduct financial analysis and business plan evaluation
• Negotiate deal terms and coordinate resources from inception to close
• Develop detailed technology and market analysis of disruptive technology sectors
• Work closely with Cisco business units to get alignment on strategic imperatives
• Build and maintain relationships within the venture capital and start-up community
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
• 5-10 years' investment, partnership and M&A experience
• Highly motivated, adaptable and mature team player
• Intellectually curious thinker with strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our desired requirements are:
• Experience in wireless and wired networking technology
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.