Senior Manager, Data Security
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in data? Are you charged by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise-wide Big Data transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative programming environment? If this excites you, then keep reading.
Are you passionate about using technology to defend, promote, and analyze the security of data? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with cutting edge open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment?
Help us use technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking as a Sr. Manager, Data Security. In this role, you will be responsible for leveraging your background in cyber security to lead the implementation of open source data management technologies that will support, enhance, and integrate data management capabilities across division.
The right candidate is someone who is passionate about data-driven technologies and understands the full technology stack involved in building data-driven products (back end data, APIs, and web interfaces). We’re looking for someone who welcomes challenges and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results to internal business customers while creating a rewarding team environment.
Developing cutting-edge data technology solutions requires dynamic collaboration of bright, talented people, and forward-thinking leadership. Come see what makes us one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
- Architect and develop integrated data management capabilities, including metadata capture, data quality, and access management that enable the understanding, sharing, and security of data across multiple platforms, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Build and lead a cross-functional Agile team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, to create, enhance, and integrate software that enables state of the art, business critical data management solutions
- Define, establish, and execute against strategic delivery road maps, actively managing technology risks, issues and impediments
- Utilize and develop tools & frameworks that enable capabilities within the Hadoop and big data ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Flume, D3), Machine Learning (H2O) and complementary analytics capabilities
- Leverage development frameworks such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to work seamlessly with multiple stakeholders including business customers, vendors, and other engineering and product teams
- Respect the need for providing end-to-end governance, drive the team to adhere to existing processes, and define new processes and procedures when none exist
Your experience probably includes a few of these:
- Experience in cyber security and data management solutions architecture, development, and deployment
- Data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- Proven track record of end-to-end implementation of integrated data management solutions leveraging the Hadoop Ecosystem
-UNIX/Linux skills, including basic commands, shell scripting, and system administration/configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience delivering data-driven technology products and solutions
- At least 3 years of experience in cyber security technology implementation
- At least 2 years of experience delivering big data solutions
- At least 3 years of experience in people management
- Master’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- 3+ years’ experience with the Hadoop stack
- 2+ years’ experience with open source technologies such as Apache Nifi, Kafka, or Storm
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL solutions
- 5+ years’ experience developing data-driven software solutions to solve business problems
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.