Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Manager, Data Engineering
Are you passionate about using technology to defend, promote, and analyze data? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with cutting edge open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment?
Help us use technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking as a Sr. Manager, Data Engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for leveraging your background in data services to lead the implementation of open source data management technologies that will support, enhance, and integrate data management capabilities across division.
The right candidate is someone who is passionate about data-driven technologies and understands the full technology stack involved in building data-driven products (back end data, APIs, and web interfaces). We’re looking for someone who welcomes challenges and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results to internal business customers while creating a rewarding team environment.
- Architect and develop integrated data management capabilities, including metadata capture and data quality that enable the sharing of data across multiple platforms, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Build and lead a cross-functional Agile team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, to create, enhance, and integrate software that enables state of the art, business critical data management solutions
- Define, establish, and execute against strategic delivery roadmaps, actively managing technology risks, issues and impediments
- Utilize and develop tools & frameworks that enable capabilities within the Hadoop and big data ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Flume, D3), Machine Learning (Python, H2O) and complementary analytics capabilities
- Leverage development frameworks such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to work seamlessly with multiple stakeholders including business customers, vendors, and other engineering and product teams
- Respect the need for providing end-to-end governance, drive the team to adhere to existing processes, and define new processes and procedures when none exist
Your experience probably includes a few of these:
- Experience in data management solutions architecture, development, and deployment
- Data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- Proven track record of end-to-end implementation of integrated data management solutions leveraging the Hadoop Ecosystem
- UNIX/Linux skills, including basic commands, shell scripting, and system administration/configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience delivering data-driven technology products and solutions
- At least 2 years of experience delivering big data solutions
- At least 3 years of experience in people management
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- At least 3 years of experience with the Hadoop stack
- At least 2 years of experience with open source technologies such as Apache Nifi, Kafka, or Storm
- At least 5 years of experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL solutions
- At least 5 years of experience developing data-driven software solutions to solve business problems
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.