Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager Demand Planning, are to:
Who you are
- Own the Process:
- Lead the monthly Consensus Demand Forecast meetings for each brand in Personal Care & Profit Stars , and deliver accurate forecasts 1) to Product Supply via APO, and 2) to VP Demand Planning ahead of Executive Demand Review;
- Create FEC (Factory Equiv. Consumption) forecasts at the brand and sub-brand levels and class of trade by modelling accurate baseline forecasts, including category & share analytics from Marketing;
- Deliver a realistic and unbiased shipment forecast through the reconciliation of FEC projections and anticipated changes to retail inventory levels.
- Optimize Demand Forecasting Accuracy:
- Increase demand forecasting accuracy by removing forecast bias, utilizing robust analytics, and reviewing brand and market trends;
- Deliver forecast accuracy and bias KPI's to meet annual targets;
- Support Demand Planning continuous improvement initiatives inclusive of new process and system implementations.
- Operationally responsible for demand forecast for 3 Profit Stars:
- Create a shipment-based demand forecast for 3 Profit Stars at the item and item/dc levels, and communicate with clarity and frequency to Product Supply to provide the context between key changes and recent misses in forecast accuracy;
- Create a shipment forecast baseline for 3 Profit Stars through the Bayer/Accenture statistical forecast modelling protocols, and drive model accuracy improvement.
- Strengthen the partnerships with BU leadership and product supply:
- Represent demand forecasts within Personal Care & Profit Stars at Consensus demand forecast and Pre S&OP meetings;
- Partner with key parties to gather forecasting inputs (building blocks) based on functional expertise. Influence and drive alignment with Marketing Brand Management and Sales Strategy;
- Partner with product supply to identify and solve key pain points including inventory write-offs, net working capital reduction, and product re-deployment costs and ensure pro-active and timely communication of key forecast misses / risks / opportunities;
- Proactive engagement with the marketing team to ensure clarity on the forecasting assumptions.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree Business, Economics or Supply Chain;
- Minimum of 10 years Demand Planning experience in packaged goods/consumer products industry;
- Demonstrated leadership and proficiency in forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts;
- In-depth understanding of and/or experience in supply chain management and systems;
- Strong collaboration skills and have exhibited credible process management capabilities;
- Prior experience in owning demand forecasting performance for a large portfolio of brands.
- Master's degree;
- APICS Certification;
- Sound oral and written communications skills that allow him/her to effectively work with senior level executives and multi-functional teams at all levels;
- Strong ability to make decisions in a complex business environment;
- Skills to effectively resolve conflicts in a cross-functional team environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.