Reduce costs and improve service to stores by taking control of and managing specific assigned areas of Logistics management
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide support and direction for area's efforts.
- Manage all aspects of assigned area's of operations and programs.
- Participate in strategic planning and facilitate action on these plans for the assigned area. Provide technical logistics expertise on assigned area as well as store/retail expertise as needed..
- Plan resources in order to complete competing priorities within the provided timeframe. Prepare project design and timelines.
- Select, develop, and motivate assigned staff. May have limited authoirty to negotiate transportation costs for in-bound and/or outbound freight.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Supply Chain Management.
- May have Direct and indirect reports
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Nine to twelve years of experience is preferred. Experience in the Logistics field preferred
- Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Experience in the Logistics field
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!