Senior Manager, Design Talent Acquisition
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We made our mark originally by being the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of Credit cards. That innovative spirit continues and the Design group is a major part of the equation. Let’s face it, the dynamics of competition in consumer financial services are expanding – from the physical proximity of a bank branch and the prices we charge to borrow money – and are starting to include a bank’s Quality of User Experience, Mobile Commerce Functionality, Big Data-driven Fraud Detection Capabilities, and more.
Do you dig companies that are all about agile product management, design thinking, and disrupting and challenging the status quo? We’re a tech company that happens to be a bank, and our Product team builds and delivers products that place the user at the heart of the experience. Our Design Talent Acquisition team is at the forefront of attracting, sourcing and retaining great Design talent that’s helping to change banking for good. We provide a best-in-class experience for candidates and hiring teams, and we have a ton of fun along the way. Our culture and people are integral to our growth and success. We’re looking for team members with a knack for finding the best of the best – join us and find out how you can help change the way our millions of customers are interacting with their money.
- Contribute to and direct Capital One's Design Talent Acquisition strategy, including organizational and business specific initiatives
- Develop and oversee innovative sourcing strategies to attract Design talent from non-traditional, emerging, and/or diverse talent pools – social recruiting, expanding geographies, and identify potential talent communities
- Manage a team of full lifecycle Design recruiters; indirectly partner with Product and Data Science recruiting teams
- Provide reporting, forecasting, metrics development and implementation that drives Talent Acquisition performance, consistently measuring the team’s progress against aggressive hiring goals
- Identify Talent Acquisition issues and trends and advise leadership on trends and resolution strategies
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with business leaders, HR Business Partners and other stakeholders in anticipating organization talent needs
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in HR roles
- At least 3 years of experience recruiting Design talent or at least 3 years of recruiting Product talent, or a combination of the two
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- At least 7 years of professional experience across a variety of HR oriented roles
- At least 5 years of experience recruiting Design talent or at least 5 years of recruiting Product talent, a combination of the two
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team
- Experience recruiting at start-ups or big tech firms
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.