Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is recruiting for Senior Manager - Domestic Transportation Sourcing and Supplier Performance, to be located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
The Senior Manager - Domestic Sourcing & Supplier Performance is responsible for:
• Leading a team of 4 people, comprised of Sourcing Leads that are accountable for sourcing transportation solutions to support Operating Company and customer requirements. The Domestic Sourcing & Supplier Performance team are responsible for the annual freight spend which is over $425MM.
• Managing scope of Truckload, Less-than-Truckload, Bulk Tanker, Parcel, Courier, and Intermodal providers.
• RTO Customers' business, including both domestic and international inbound raw materials, inbound finished goods, and customer deliveries for approximately 25 J&J Operating Companies in the Consumer, Medical Device, and Pharmaceutical sectors.
• Implementing J&J Quality Temperature Control Standard, including the responsibility of defining and implementing processes for temperature lane mapping studies, establishing and conducting transportation equipment qualification protocols with transportation services providers/carriers, and developing and delivering all associated procedures, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and training.
• Creating and having direct responsibility for program metrics, including project milestones, and any ongoing process metrics as defined.
• Ensuring the proper quality related procedures and processes are followed in all Sourcing activity (ASL, audits, supplier quality agreements, financial assessments, business reviews and metrics, and others as required).
• Direct oversight and responsibility for managing the performance of our transportation services providers.
• Sourcing and selecting providers utilizing J&J standards for supplier management and will hold periodic performance reviews with suppliers, during which attainment of key performance indicators (KPIs) is discussed.
• On Time Delivery (OTD) and cost improvements (CIPs) are two metrics for which the Senior Manager, Domestic SSP is accountable.
• Developing and maintaining execution timelines, gain stakeholder alignment and execute overall strategy via use of FPX or Process Excellence tools and methodology.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. A focused degree in Business, Transportation, and/or Supply Chain is preferred, as well as an advanced degree such as an MBA, MS or MA.
• Minimum of eight (8) years overall business experience.
• Minimum of six (6) years of Supply Chain and/or Operations is required.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role is strongly preferred.
• Transportation or sourcing experience and knowledge of U.S., Canada, and international transportation industries and networks is highly preferred.
• Project management experience is preferred.
• Participation in Leadership development and/or training programs is preferred.
• Experience in Quality Systems and Procedures is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, LEAN methodology, or FPX Training and/or Certification is preferred.
• This position is based in Skillman, NJ and may require up to 10% domestic travel. Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.