McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson seeks a strong, experienced and highly motivated individual to lead the Ecommerce Product Strategy function for the organization. The role will develop product and supplier strategies for McKesson’s Medical Surgical Distribution segment.
Ecommerce is a rapidly expanding space in medical distribution. This role will have to evaluate the market and product offerings to maximize the value and financials we provide to our customers. The role will have strategic, financial, and practice development responsibilities.
Effective collaboration skills, communication skills, and capability to build relationships with business partners is required. The ability to professionally represent team objectives, strong organizational skills and desire for growth in a complicated environment are all key requirements for success. This role presents and explains results regularly to other key internal stakeholder’s leadership and multiple departments. Position Description
- Developing the product strategy for our e-comm B to B to C business.
- Communicate and coordinate strategies with Sales, Product Strategy, and Marketing Leadership
- Identifying core assortment, extended assortment, and product gaps
- Develop strategy for identifying a pipeline for new offerings, suppliers, and coordinated with internal resources to bring them to market
- Developing our cost strategies, fee strategies, ops strategies with our suppliers
- Continually monitor and analyze product assortment performance and coordinate adjustments as necessary, by supplier, category, and accessibility/servicing model
- Report performance to senior leadership
- Negotiate product access and restrictions with suppliers
- Developing supplier messaging to meet the identified needs of Marketing/Customers
- Coordinate with category managers to develop category specific eComm strategies, then develop a model to manage suppliers
- Interact with Marketing to strategize and acquire resources from suppliers
- Facilitate interaction on data requirements between data management and suppliers
- Coordinate competitive intelligence for the on-line market with suppliers
8+ years experience in areas such as product management, purchasing, marketing/sales, and or finance
- Experience driving the product roadmap for an e-commerce market
- Proven ability to develop strategies for new and ongoing businesses
- Experience managing 3rd party suppliers, vendors and partners
- Experience in product analytics including developing performance measurement design, tracking, analysis and reporting
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relationships across multiple organizational functions
- Advanced analytical skills. Ability to draw conclusions from data and drive action accordingly
- Ability to meet tight critical deadlines and make judgment-based decisions under pressure
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with ability to present to senior executives
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Contract review, administration, & interpretation experience
- Negotiation experience
- Understanding of eCommerce
- Understanding of Medical Distribution
- Large company, dynamic, fast-paced work environment experience
- Results-driven and highly self-motivated
- Financial Performance management
- Adept at using various analytical systems
Physical RequirementsBenefits & Company Statement
- 4 year degree in marketing or business required
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Job Specifics
Job Family Title: Category Manager 3
McKesson is in business for better health.