While Canada is a developed market, eCommerce in Canada is an underdeveloped channel relative to other markets. However, the market is changing rapidly, and eCommerce is a strategic long-term growth channel for Coca-Cola. Thus, Canada has been identified by Coca-Cola globally as a "must win" market for eCommerce potential.
We are looking for an individual with strategic thought leadership who is passionate about this opportunity, and who possesses experience to lead the change in this quickly emerging channel, and deliver incremental value for the company.
The Senior Manager - eCommerce Strategy Canada
is accountable for creating and defining from scratch the opportunity for TCCC brands via eCommerce sales in Canada, as well as building and implementing a strategy to drive value share performance and ROI via eCommerce channels in Canada over the short and long term. This is an entrepreneurial role with executive level visibility for both CCL and CCRC requiring a senior level of autonomy, gravitas, and ability to get the right resources aligned to succeed.
Additionally, this role is responsible for developing TCCC eCommerce capability across the Canadian system, and work with the MS&D team to leverage and build data capability and digital insights that shape our digital marketing, sales and search strategies.
Finally, this role will work with Global and North American centres of excellence to determine resource approach that unlocks the Canadian opportunity, as well as identifying opportunity to leverage best practice for accelerated learning, and feeding in Canadian approach to global eCommerce workstreams. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Accountable for leveraging an in-depth understanding of the bilingual eCommerce landscape in Canada to build a business case, strategy and roadmap to establish TCCC as one of the top 3 eCommerce suppliers in Canada. (60%)
- Leverage own and established TCCC internal networks to develop best-in-class eCommerce strategy with existing B&M customers eager to drive this channel: Costco, Walmart, and Sobeys etc.
- Manage pure-play eCommerce partners (i.e. Amazon, Well.ca) to identify route to market, shopper marketing, and, and eCommerce marketing strategy for Canada
- Identify local eCommerce B2C partners that offer incremental distribution opportunities for TCCC portfolio and scalable route-to-markets in Canada (Amazon, Well.ca). Negotiate and manage business terms and strategy to pilot, test, and maximize for the Canadian system.
- Leverage an in-depth understanding of Canadian and global eCommerce logistics to identify sustainable options for future scale, including product, price and pack (e-OPBBC), and use of global/US eCommerce "looks of success" reflective of evolving consumer needs and competitive landscape.
- Apply existing global Coca-Cola eCommerce evaluations, playbooks, strategies, and toolkits, combined with exploring consumer behavioural patterns as they interact with digital marketing and eCommerce, to create a roadmap for eCommerce excellence in Canada for TCCC.
- Accountable for aligning on and achieving sales, ROI, and value share goals through eCommerce.
- Create and manage eCommerce P&L; Establish measurement routines and rigor to steward and track monthly/annual metrics for the eCommerce channel, including opportunities to improve the online experience.
2. Accountable for driving eCommerce leadership as a new capability for the Coca-Cola system in Canada (30%):
- Work with the Canadian system to identify a strategy that establishes eCommerce as a competitive advantage for new and existing retail/FSOP customers.
- Continuous review of analysis, consumer insights, and other relevant data and collaboration with internal and external cross-functional partners to assist with decision making and planning.
- Active participant in Digital Steering Committee, and act as an eCommerce resource across the Canadian system.
- Partner with Strategy & Insights to manage eCommerce information collection process and analyze results. Ensure sharing of key learnings and best practices within TCCC Canada system, particularly shopper and consumer marketing. Ensure that we are integrating eCommerce into sales & marketing activity (e.g. customer "multi-channel" plans)
- Working with Strategy & Insights Develop perspective on eCommerce industry trends and educate on new trends and opportunities as channel evolves.
3. Accountable for playing an active role in the WEBU, Global and North American eCommerce teams (10%)
- Sharing Canadian insights and learning on regular basis with both NA, WEBU, and Global eCommerce teams.
- Incorporating best-in-class global digital insights and analytics awareness, capabilities and learning across the Canadian TCCC system, including at the ELT and Director level.
Additional Responsibilities and Scope of this role:
- This role is responsible for tracking the metrics of the eCommerce channel, including revenue, ROI, and value share.
- This person will be responsible for both written (whitepapers, PowerPoint) and direct communications (meetings) with our senior leaders, partners, and customers stewarding the eCommerce channel and channel innovation.
- Analysis of new growth opportunities, situation assessments and tracking, reporting and forecasting channel metrics Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree or internationally recognized educational equivalent required
Masters of Business Administration strongly preferred
Related Experience Requirements/Qualifications
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills
- 8 or more years of experience driving digitally-driven businesses with at least 4 years in eCommerce responsibility.
- Experience working with CPG/FMCG brands and portfolios within the eCommerce channel.
- Must have proven experience in account management/business development, strategy, operation, as well as client and partnership management in digital/ eCommerce business with revenue responsibility.
- Must have practical understanding of executional and technical challenges of bilingual eCommerce strategy from multi-lingual market
- Proven experience in developing digital/e-business from scratch to launch, with structural and strategic approach to define consumer proposition, business protocol, operation workflow, and tech requirement.
- 5 or more years of Planning / Finance / Consulting experience within the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Commercial, financial, and tech savvy.
- Proven experience in developing a complex business plan and communicating simply across multiple stakeholders (strategy, finance, sales, public affairs, etc.
- Subject matter expertise: Proven understanding of complexities of eCommerce landscape, technological possibilities to drive progress and value, and the challenge of bilingual marketing within eCommerce
- Strategy: Planning experience, strategic thinking
- Proven track record for delivering sustainable results
- Strong leadership in coaching and developing team capability
- Ability to work independently to deliver results in nebulous environments with little direction
- Collaborating with sales teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders, particularly in influence roles without control over all decisions impacting the work.
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Back to top