Senior Manager External Manufacturing Supply Integration
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Raynham, Massachusetts
Posted: March 07, 2017
Reference ID: 9914161107-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, External Manufacturing Supply Integration. The position will be based in Raynham, MA or any Johnson & Johnson North American location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Senior Manager, EM Supply Integration will be responsible for 1 – 30 global suppliers in support of approximately $25MM to $50MM in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium to high complexity in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. The Senior Manager will be responsible for implementing the strategic initiatives for products produced at External Manufacturers. He/she will plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence. He/she will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization of 0 – 20 resources.
He/she will provide Global and Regional Leadership for deploying end-to-end supplier strategies, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing cross segment supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Senior Manager, EM Supply Integration scope of responsibilities includes:
• Develop and drive the External Manufacturing vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
• Own relationship with medium to high complexity suppliers: Monitor performance, develop and lead regular performance reviews (CS&OP, CIP execution, QBR, Planning, Quality reviews, etc.), oversee product tech transfers and decommissioning of sites, engage suppliers in lean process improvements and manage operations via virtual plant management
• Assess existing global supplier footprints and product supply opportunity; Partner with suppliers to drive network efficiencies in alignment with global EM vision
• Perform analysis of investments required to support recurring cost reductions and business growth for supplier sites
• Conduct CIP ideation sessions with medium to high complexity suppliers; Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
• Develop Ops Plans (incl. budgets, volume planning, etc.) with EM sites; Ensure alignment on the outcomes with key internal partners;
• Identify potential Quality/Regulatory, Technical and/or Supply Chain challenges. Work with key internal stakeholders and EM sites to resolve
• Develop, implement and lead proactive change and risk management processes for suppliers
• Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, and growth commitments
• Own New Product Introduction process with EMs; Plan and direct NPIs with key internal stakeholder alignment, lead J&J/EM resource meetings and ensure successful NPI launch
• Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization
• Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Engagement: Proactively and independently engages Vice President level stakeholders and below; serves as a point of escalation for issues; Brings resolution to issues (35%)
Supplier Management: Implements supplier management methodology with medium to high criticality suppliers (35%)
Procurement – Other External Operations (reliability, KPI’s): Provides overall site management; Serves as a point of escalation for issues; Proactively and independently manages all External Operation activities including medium-high complexity suppliers/ portfolios; Ensures proper quality compliance is met (30%)
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
• Strong operations and supply chain experience.
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration skills
• Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
• Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
• Ability to show strategic thinking
• Strong project management skills
• Strong business acumen
• Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
• Ability to continuously improve the organization
• Ability to travel up to 30% domestic and international
• Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement experience.
• People management experience.
• Education – CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, PMP, or other certification or relevant experience preferred
• Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., Supplier Management, Procurement Excellence)
• Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
• Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
• Successfully lead cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)