Senior Manager, Field Programs
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Hayward, California
Posted: November 17, 2017
Reference ID: WD30040512318
What you will do:
The Senior Program Manager provides oversight and responsibility for management of the portfolio of projects executed and managed by TycoIS for strategic client facilities as well as activities surrounding the pursuit and fulfillment of client Datacenter initiatives. This person is responsible for providing regular project communications, both internally and externally to the appropriate stakeholders so that projects are delivered on time and within budget. The Program Manager provides a single point of contact to clients for resolution of project and operational issues, and performs periodic project and program reviews, making recommendations for improvement and marshalling the implementation of those recommendations. Actively participates in sequencing projects, adjusting timelines, and modifying scope documents to achieve Program objectives. This position will be onsite, fulltime at client locations in Menlo Park, CA, reporting out of our Hayward, CA, office. Some travel (
How you will do it:
• Facilitates communication with the client and TycoIS internal stakeholders. Regularly engages the client to maintain current pulse on client perceptions, needs, challenges and potential business opportunities.
• Understanding the client program objectives and alignment of operational support activities to meet those objectives. Establishment of Program standards, policies and processes. Ensuring proper program alignment with all individual Projects.
• Directs project activities for the capture, management and implementation of physical security at client datacenters, including oversight and direction of local project management and subcontractor resources, coordination with client datacenter management, attending design and project meetings, and ensuring that projects are delivered with a high degree of customer satisfaction, on time and within budget.
• Takes ownership for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Advocates for the client while maintaining ability to counsel client when program improvements require client-side modifications. Strives to achieve trusted advisor status with client.
• Monitoring and providing oversight of projects. Regularly compile and communicate information related to critical activities, resources and timelines.
• Create Executive-Level Dashboards to report overall Program Health.
• Working with the Strategic Account Manager, facilitates regular performance reviews with all key stakeholders. Acts as liaison between client, Sales, COEs, Field Delivery Teams, and Business Partners when reviewing and revising key Program elements.
• Creation and ownership of the program management plan.
• Initiation of the program's projects.
• Ensures that the program has adequate support.
• Monitors the program against plan.
• Ensures benefits are identified, measured, tracked and realized.
• Assists in identification of program level risks and manages same.
• Provides support, mentoring and advice to project managers.
• Reports on project status to program executive (regional director).
• Monitor and control project performance.
• Implement and operate a project controlled environment (Johnson Controls Playbook requirements).
• Develop and maintain a project dashboard.
What we look for:
• B. S., Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience performing functional program management in a complex physical security environment.
• 8-10 years physical security experience, including regular interface with general contractors, property managers and client stakeholders. Thorough understanding of both installation and service elements of operational performance.
• Minimum 5 years of managing and design of physical security implementations for datacenters and/or colocation facilities.
• Excellent leadership skills, min. +3 years' experience managing professionals in a construction setting, with thorough understanding of permitting and union complexities.
• Self-starter, ability to review processes and instill continuous improvement methodologies, including institution and execution of a formal quality assurance program.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills. Ability to lead and participate in meetings, representing both JCI and client Physsec as required.
• Technical expertise preferred - certification or exposure to enterprise-wide access control and video systems, ideally with experience in CCURE 9000 and Genetec.
• Organizational skills, ability to adjust labor efforts to fluctuating demands. Working closely with sales and program management leadership, exploit JCI organization to bring thought leadership to client.
• Must be Menlo Park-based, onsite 5 days a week, and actively partner with Facebook stakeholders.
• Create and lead QBR efforts for Norcal. Communicate regularly with Americas and Global factions of client / JCI support to ensure best practices and consistency are achieved.
• Use of Project Management Portfolio toolsets or MS Project.
• Desired experience/background in IT industry and engineering.
• Project management certification desired - if not present, will be enrolled in certification process.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou