What you’ll be doing...
Manage a team to provide accurate and timely Commission compensation processing and payments. Implement changes based on new compensation plans for Employees or new contracts for Agents. This position reports to the Director of Commissions. Provide leadership to team members to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Serve as a key point of contact for compensation issues for commissionable Employees or Agents.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of process analysis, problem solving, decision making, and execution.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Compensation Plans/Agent Contracts and policies. Review and analyze compensation data and reconcile/resolve discrepancies in a timely manner. Respond to inquiries from the field regarding compensation. Respond to internal Commission inquiries.
- Assist Executives with complex compensation issues as necessary.
- Collaborate with business partners (e.g., sales, HR, marketing, IT etc.) who support commissionable employees or Agents to meet business objectives. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of incentive management, financial, accounting, and additional support systems.
- Lead team to enable the business through technology enhancements with various assigned tasks to collect and assimilate data.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable process improvement.
- A key responsibility of this position is to identify any improvement opportunities in this area and contribute to the design and implementation of new processes or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing transaction processes are controlled, effective and efficient. Find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions through the CCRS system. Ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and minimize operational risk.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics.
- Master's degree.
- A broad range of skills within finance discipline to effectively perform routine to complex assignments.
- Intermediate level of understanding for report query and design.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.
- Query tool proficiency (e.g., SQL/Cognos).
- Previous experience in Commissions. Familiarity with Compensation, Billing, and Order Entry systems.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Collaborative working style and ability to work with external and internal teams.
- Demonstrated success in motivating a team to improve quality, increase productivity and exceed customer expectations. Proven ability to provide leadership in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to drive complex operational initiatives.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.