Senior Manager, Financial Payer Strategy (Job Number: 022726)
Corporate Office - 1417 Lake Cook Rd
1417 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Directly supports pricing and contracting teams to plan, track, and develop strategies to maximize Walgreens financial performance at a Book of Business and Payer level. This position will work in partnership with pricing and contracting leaders, sales/account team leaders, Contract Compliance leaders and reporting/analytics leaders. Oversees the creation of financial analyses from a contract level to the Walgreens enterprise overall. Job Responsibilities
- Develops, produces and routinely updates payer level projections for all lines of pharmacy business
- Ensures that bottom up payer analysis reconciles with top down financial views presented to Walgreens and WBA Financial Planning and Analysis teams
- Develops and oversees reporting and analysis used to monitor financial performance of contracts by partnering closely with compliance team.
- Partners with contracting directors to ensure that contract level financial terms are reflected in comparison of financial forecasts to actuals as well as in creation of longer term financial projections.
- Develops strategic and financial goals for contracting and sales teams based on consolidated financial roll up of individual network and payer financial analyses and projections.
- Develops and produces financial reporting and projections at a payer and book of business level for senior management and board consumption.
- Oversees Financial Analyst or other support staff as necessary for department operations.
- Leads cross functional process to coordinate work products of and enhance communications between several business areas including pricing, contracting, sales, and internal FP&A groups.
- Develops and maintains reimbursement rates and any other financial data related to individual payer contracts.
- Oversees providing financial support for contractual negotiations based on analysis and evaluation of past contracts and comparisons to other recent contracts that have been recently negotiated.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics OR at least 5 years of experience internally at Walgreens in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- At least 4 years of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 5 years of experience in applying analytics principles (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Business Management, Economics or Finance).
- Experience in long-term strategic planning for the assigned business area.
- At least 2 years of experience executing financial strategy based on key objectives and goals of the company.
- At least 4 years of experience of the link between analysis and business impact.
- At least 1 year experience developing justifications for capital expenditures.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or a Master's Degree.
- CPA/CFA certification.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.