Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
The Senior Manager, Global Privacy position is an important part of Workday's data privacy and compliance function. This role reports into and supports the Chief Privacy Officer in ensuring that company practices, policies, processes, and procedures are performed in accordance with applicable privacy, data protection and compliance laws. It's a small and growing team where you'll get experience in a broad range of privacy projects.
- Assisting with the internal and external communications awareness strategy for Workday's Privacy Program. Engages in a wide range of activities all aimed at managing and enhancing privacy program, including: design and implementation of white papers, FAQs and training videos to communicate Workday's privacy strategy, engaging in discussions and implementing program improvements within the Legal department and collaborating with other company stakeholders (e.g. IT Information Security, Human Resources, Product Management, etc.).
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement and implements solutions in the privacy program
- Partner with representatives from each business unit to monitor and report on program progress
- Collaborates with business process owners to understand the privacy implications of new products, and provides guidance to ensure that internal teams, prospective customers and existing customers understand Workday's approach to privacy controls for the new product
- Researches and partners with internal and external subject matter experts to share relevant privacy information and opportunities with Workday's Sales, Products, and Legal team (e.g. news of emerging issues and potential solutions)
- Provides ongoing management, content development and oversight of the privacy training program
- Facilitates and promotes activities to foster employee awareness about privacy activities across the organization
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in privacy areas relevant to position
- Experience managing global international, cross-departmental working groups
- Extensive knowledge of privacy laws and data security requirements helpful
- Knowledge of global privacy laws related to employment data is helpful
- Proven project management experience, excellent organizational skills, and keen attention to detail
- Expert-level writing, report drafting and delivery skills
- Strong technical aptitude a plus
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), or equivalent professional certification is preferred
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.