Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park
Job Category: Operations
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1023414
.What You'll Do
Cisco is recruiting for a talented Senior Manager of Global Immigration to drive the company's Immigration agenda. Immigration is a critical component of Cisco's talent strategy to maintain its leadership position in the competitive technology sector and to create a culture of talent development.
You will be responsible for managing Cisco's current domestic and international immigration program and supporting global foreign nationals with all aspects of the immigration process. As well as, be responsible for designing immigration policies specific to Cisco's unique employee needs, maintaining and forging relationships with our immigration partners and delivering the operational processes, programs and policies to support and execute on Cisco's global talent strategy.
• Management of Cisco's end-to-end domestic and international immigration program
• Assessing Cisco's current immigration program against internal feedback and external market trends and recommend and implement strategic and operational program changes
• Leading multiple initiatives to enhance Cisco's immigration program, drive efficiencies, compliance and identify creative solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly increasing global and mobile employee base
• Liaising with foreign national population and partner law firm/s to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes for both the employee and the company
• Consulting with and educating managers and business leaders on immigration regulations and guidelines to ensure consistent and applicable immigration support
• Providing guidance on all global Immigration compliance matters including visa process practices to managers, HR business partners, talent acquisition staff and employees
• Ensuring accuracy in the immigration application filings related to employment-based Non-Immigrant and Immigrant petitions, including PERM applications
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with worldwide HR and business leadership across all geographies as immigration knowledge center
• Providing subject matter expertise and ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations/guidelines
• Ensuring all filings, including applications for immigration and visas are completed accurately and in a timely manner, in partnership with external counsel
• Maintain outside partner relationships with global immigration counsel and other immigration partners
• Monitor all active immigration cases, research and address/resolve complex assignment issues, including escalations; identify and communicate service resolution to all parties
• Represent Cisco and our immigration thought leadership at key conferences and forums
• Own policy development and interpretation; provide counseling relative to policies to employees at all levels, including executive levels, on a worldwide basis
• Development of the proper infrastructure and data analytics to ensure visibility on program spend, employee satisfaction, provider SLA's and quality assurance
Who You'll Work With
The Senior Manager, Global Immigration role is critical to Cisco's success and works closely with business leaders, functions, and our vendor partners. As an individual
contributor you will be a consultant to the business and provide advice and support for all immigration related services as needed.
Who You Are
You will be a respected leader who is proactive and responsible in challenging the status quo while anticipating needs and then developing strategic, tactical, effective and efficient Immigration strategies to accomplish Cisco's objectives. You will be assertive, results and success-oriented self-starter with the stature, presence and credentials to operate effectively across multiple businesses and geographies in the company. You will have successful business experience in a highly regarded major corporation known for the quality of its immigration program. You will have demonstrated the ability to work effectively as a senior business partner with senior line executives and clients to successfully develop and implement plans, programs, and policies. You must demonstrate the enthusiasm, relationship building and influencing skills, presence, and the confidence necessary to secure commitment and to lead the implementation of sophisticated programs and activities. You will have business relevance, gravitas, and skills to quickly establish credibility across the organization, coupled with the patience to carefully learn about and be accepted by the organization.
• 10+ years of employment-based immigration experience as an Immigration Manager or Paralegal either at a law firm or in-house, managing nonimmigrant (H, L, E, TN) and immigrant (PERM, I-140, I-485) cases in US and globally
• Multinational immigration delivery services experience
• Experience managing large volumes of complex immigration cases
• Bachelor's degree; Master's degree in Business or International Relations preferred
• Global experience is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to empathize with employees
• Ability to influence others to achieve results
• A true passion for delivering a great customer experience
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to country norms, global cultures and practices
• A high level of professionalism and flexibility are required for consultations and issue resolution at varying times during the day (including evening or early mornings)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.