Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Global Planning in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager, Global Planning working on the Pharmaceutical Operations team, you will be empowered to partner cross functionally and provide strategic guidance, and a typical day will include:
- Manages end-to-end planning for and oversees global external and internal production planning for one or more of the Takeda Oncology and Biologics complex products, such as Entyvio, Ninlaro, etc.
- Partners with Commercial Supply Operations counterparts, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Regulatory Affairs, and Technical Operations to manage the planning, production scheduling, and inventory management of the Takeda Oncology and Biologics products.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance to the master inventory plan throughout the lifecycle management of one or more of the oncology therapies, specialty biologics, and other key therapeutics distributed globally.
- Is designated as a GMS “Master Planner” responsible for aggregating global supply and demand for one or more of the Takeda Oncology and Biologics complex products.
- May be formally designated as a GMS Product Manager responsible for a Global Supply Chain & Manufacturing team for a Takeda Oncology and Biologics complex product. This includes managing the entire product, such as change controls and launch excellence.
- Actively participates in and supports GMS and Global Supply Chain initiatives and processes (e.g. Program AGILE).
Day-to-day leadership and management of strategic and/or routine production planning for key oncology and biologics products or product components, including inventory management, negotiation of production schedules with internal/external customers and CMOs.
Responsible for batch processing transactions in SAP (e.g. batch creation, purchase order generation) and support of Demand Manager responsibilities (e.g. goods issue/receipt, invoicing)
Leads a core team comprised of QA, QC, Regulatory Affairs, Technical Operations, Logistics, Finance and Supply Operations Business Systems personnel to effectively manage CMO production scheduling, execution and releases.
Directs movement of inventory to support drug product or finished goods production.
Partners with appropriate Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharm Sci) team members to manage supply compliance in markets with divergent dossiers, including the support for pre-registration sample requirements and supply planning assessments for applicable change controls.
Manages the Sales & Operations Planning Process with internal and external customers.
Manages dynamic statistical modeling for forecasting verification and long-term planning.
May handle production planning for early access/named patient programs and post-marketing clinical demand.
Supervises one or more Global Planners and/or Demand Managers. Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The candidate should preferably have a BS in business administration, supply chain, or chemistry, biology and 8-10 yrs of experience working in operations, supply chain, or other commercial pharmaceutical discipline.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of manufacturing operations, biologics drug substance manufacturing, drug product manufacturing (oral solid dose and parenterals,) pharmaceutical packaging, CMC regulations, cGMP, and sterility assurance techniques.
- The candidate should have moderate to advanced experience with SAP/ERP and be an expert in Excel.
- The candidate should have demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips
- International travel will be required.
- Position requires up to 15% domestic and international travel.
* WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.