The Senior Manager, North America Closures COE, is responsible for leading the development and implementation of progressive sourcing strategies that deliver advantaged economics, industry-leading innovation and quality in the procurement of closures for both foods and beverage business units in North America. The role will partner with cross functional business partners and suppliers to achieve Best In Class (BIC) cost target across several sub closures categories.
The selected candidate:
- Reports to Senior Director, Global Closures COE
Additionally, the role must champion and socialize Value Engineering productivity principles to all key cross functional stakeholders and lead business case development to drive productivity agenda. The role requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and bring others along, strategic sourcing capabilities, sourcing experience in plastic closures and rigid packaging is preferred. The role is charged to partner with global closures COE team incorporating the use of KPIs and management tools to advance NA businesses capability to global Best In Class (BIC), track best practices, and drive a stream-lined focused process that accelerates and maximizes NA productivity. Principal Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement NA closures COE strategy to deliver advantage economics.
- Develop & Implement supplier development strategies to enhance competitive landscape
- Partner & cultivate strategic supplier relationships that deliver cost reduction, supply assurance, quality improvement and innovation.
- Negotiate supplier agreements that reflect the best interests of PepsiCo.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their business needs.
- Execute financial requirements to include total cost analysis, business case development, cost modeling, cash flow analysis and creation of annual operating and strategic business plans.
- Review and evaluate current business practices and identify areas of opportunity for improvement with a focus on total cost reduction and supply optimization.
- Ensure secure of supply for beverage and foods businesses by working in concerts with cross functional partners to implement Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Collaborate with GP Finance, NAB (North America Beverage) and FLNA (Frito Lay North America) sector team to accurately report productivity savings in AOP year and PSP planning cycles.
- Co-lead w/ NA COE peers to manage supplier relationship & conduct bi-annual business reviews.
- Influence sector BUs and suppliers to develop business cases in driving Value Engineering productivity initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership related to closures across both beverage and foods portfolio
- 8-10 years of relevant experience; direct experience in the development and commercialization of rigid packaging materials preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance and/or Business required; a MS or MBA is preferred
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in negotiating complex contracts and supplier relationship management
- Advanced analytical skills with thought leadership to drive strategy development and execution
- Deep expertise in financial business case analysis and cost modeling
- Thorough knowledge of strategic and tactical project management concepts, methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures
- Strong alignment skills with the ability to communicate vision and gain alignment with senior management both internally and externally
- Proven decision-making, problem solving skills, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Not Eligible for Relocation