Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Summary: This role is responsible for demonstrating a product's economic and humanistic value and developing deliverables that communicate this value to the complete range of external stakeholders, including patients, physicians, and payers. A Senior Manager applies his/her clinical and technical skills to conduct appropriate economic and quality of life analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement outcomes studies that establish the economic and humanistic value of Baxter products.
- Assess and integrate economic and patient-reported outcomes into clinical trials.
- Assess the psychometric properties of a quality of life instrument through FDA patient-reported outcomes guidance for labeling claims.
- Develop economic models, including but not limited to, budget impact and cost effectiveness models.
- Develop economic dossiers and other reimbursement-supportive materials.
- Collaborate with the statistician on the statistical analysis of outcomes data using clinical trial and administrative databases.
- Conduct outcomes research to a level such that results are suitable for presentation at scientific meetings and/or publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Communicate economic and quality of life value messages to internal and external stakeholders through presentation of outcomes research at medical meetings and through one-on-one interaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and with with clinicians and marketers.
- Working knowledge of reimbursement processes for devices and drugs in major international markets.
- Exceptional project management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Masters Degree in Health Economics, Pharmacy Administration, Epidemiology, Public Health, or equivalent.
- PharmD, MD, or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 8 years experience in industry-related health outcomes research.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.