Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager - IT Portfolio Management and Project Operations. This position will be located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 5% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager must be a dynamic and an energetic individual with a strong technology project and portfolio background to lead the ETCS PMO and Project Management Operations and to partner with the ETCS IT Director, focusing on shaping a World-class PMO team, and increasing the effectiveness of the PM Studio. The role includes establishing synergies and alignment across portfolio management and project operations via consistency in process, Metrics Reporting, Data Quality, and streamlined workflows. He/she will make certain that our processes are well understood, and effectively result in quality deliverables and desired outcomes.
• Develop, socialize and operationalize Portfolio Management and Project Governance frameworks, processes and enabling technologies. This includes Demand Management, partnering with ePMO on Investment Portfolio Prioritization, IT Policies and Standards, partnering with Application Services to determine Project management and Program Management best practices.
• Develop and Maintain strong professional working relationships with key Portfolio Management and Project Governance related stakeholders in IT and business
• Establish a World-class PMO Team, ensuring strong guardrail management, well-understood, effective PMO processes, and delivery of useful metrics to relevant stakeholders, providing updates and clear guidance based on quality data
• Delivery of ETCS Leadership portfolio dashboards and metrics for all portfolio reviews and financial planning activities.
• Planning and establishing operations for IT Portfolio Management and Project Management Governance functions within IT.
• Establishing consistent Change Control Board, Demand Management processes
• Planning and facilitating monthly, quarterly, annual key IT Portfolio status overviews and deep dive sessions
• Develop and Maintain IT Portfolio Management and Governance related policies and procedures
• Fosters and evangelizes adoption of new processes, frameworks, tools supporting IT Portfolio business value measurement as well as business process optimization.
• Collaborates with PMs, Finance, BTLs, and ePMO on continuous improvement activities.
• Performs other ETCS work-related duties as assigned.
• A Bachelors degree in Business, Management, or related field is required. An MBA or graduate degree in business related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, inclusive of Information Technology Project and Portfolio Management, preferably in the area of project management, systems development or support is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with people management is required.
• Extensive experience with program and portfolio management in a large, global and complex IT environment is required.
• Experience with portfolio management processes, reporting and metrics, and technology is required.
• Experience with IT Governance, including Demand Management, IT Policies and Standards, Investment Prioritization and Decision Making Processes is required.
• Experience with any of the tools such as SharePoint, Clarity and Business Objects is required.
• Strong expertise with MS office tools such as Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Experience in technical alternatives and basic knowledge of emerging technologies is required.
• Must have proven leadership experience - Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server as standard PM tool is required.
• Ability to influence and facilitate decisions across all levels of Business and IT organizations is required.
• Must have strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodologies.
• Must have strong relationship management skills to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Must have excellent judgment and leadership skills, and a working knowledge of hardware/software/communication technologies.
• Must have financial experience with familiarity with budgetary planning and cost reporting.
• Must be able to provide business-related technology advice to executives and directors on project management related matters.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
IT Project Management
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.