Blizzard Entertainment Localization has a very important role in bringing our games to countries around the world. When we localize a game, we do not just translate the text... we create an experience. Our goal is to make our global players feel as if the game was created in the country that they are playing it from. The Senior managers in our localization group have a significant role in achieving this goal.
We see Localization as an art. As an artform, it requires dedicated individuals who are willing to dedicate the same love and attention that our development teams give to our regional offices. We are looking for a talented individual with a creative eye who can come in and assist in this very important process. If you are a manager who enjoys languages, team building, creative jam sessions, and delivering EPIC products to our global customers, this position is for you.
The ideal candidate will be a part of an evolving team that is always looking for optimal solutions that can quickly deliver a higher level of quality to our customers. We want someone who is not afraid to push the boundaries of traditional localization and do something new. The team is our family and we want someone that is going to work with them and influence the evolution of the craft. We hope that you are as inspired by localization as we are. If you join us, we guarantee an EPIC adventure awaits.Responsibilities
- Build, manage and help execute the strategic localization plan globally in collaboration with Localization Production, translation, and the franchise Test / Dev teams.
- Ensure priority and goal clarity for the Localization team members.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that Blizzard polish is maintained.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining our position as a best-in-class localization group via continuous improvement.
- Motivate and provide inspirational leadership and direction to all employees to ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Ensure that communication, teamwork and collaboration across organizational boundaries are fluid and efficient.
- Be a champion regarding the art of localization, both internally and externally.
- Assist in the enhancing the groups metrics and KPI capabilities.
- A passion for video games and the art of localization.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a creative management role.
- Strong leadership skills capabilities (a minimum of 10 years' experience managing teams).
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Able to formulate and execute strategic plans.
- Strong understanding of creative environments.
- Strong organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Great at inspiring creativity and confidence in others, able to motivate and influence at all levels
- Familiar with the localization or production cycle
- Analytic and curious mind-set interested in identifying opportunities and proactively offer solutions.
- Self-starter, highly commited, and excellent teamwork skills.
Required Application Materials
- Master's degree in a related field.
- PMP, Agile development, Scrum, or ISTQB certifications.
- Passionate about Blizzard and our Franchises.
- Ranked Blizzard Gamer.
- Cover letter (optional)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.