What you’ll be doing...
You are a process person and you like when things run smoothly---but when they don’t, you’ll calmly find a good solution and then re-engineer the process to improve it for next time. And you’re always on the lookout for ways to maximize productivity. No balls drop on your watch as you juggle lots of different priorities because you keep track of all the details. You work well with lots of different kinds of people and know how to flex your style to suit the situation. You prefer a fast-paced environment with new challenges each day. This makes you an ideal candidate for our Senior Logistics Services Manager opening.
- Oversee all warehouse operations from inbound, inventory, pick/pack and outbound.
- Comprehend, execute and optimize Omni Channel distribution.
- Continually improve and develop business performance, including automation and Lean practices.
- Execute supply chain projects from planning through to execution and provides findings resulting from project execution.
- Identify and deliver opportunities for cost reduction, driving savings in-line with overall business expectation, ensuring targets for cost reduction are achieved and/or exceeded.
- Establish key performance indicator tracking methodology and develop corresponding management reports.
- Consult with business executives on a wide range of high-level supply chain matters, including risk management, product availability and end-to-end visibility.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in large scale operations and distribution management.
- Supplier management experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Budget and financial control experience.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Motivation and are results driven.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in materials management, i.e., transportation, purchasing, inventory management.
- Import/ Export experience in supply chain function.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Sig Sigma processes.
- Critical thinking skills to solve both strategic and tactical challenges on a daily basis.
- Ability to work with multiple internal partner groups to generate optimal outcome.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time that meet or exceed targets.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.