Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Market Research (Cardiovascular), located in Titusville, NJ
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Manager, Market Research is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action within the Janssen NA Cardiovascular Business Unit.
This position will partner closely with the existing market research team and cross functional partners and serves as an internal consultant to the Marketing & Sales teams. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results. This role will be lead professional, patient and payer market research efforts across the Cardiovascular team and will lead a team of 3 managers.
• Lead the development and implementation of primary research plan for professional, patients and payers including developmental research (e.g. attitudinal segmentation, A&U studies, etc.,) and evaluative research (brand positioning, advertising & promotional copy, etc.).
• Lead development and execution of market research plan to support launch of future indications in new therapeutic categories.
• Leads design of an overall analytics plan to address brand and or franchise strategic imperatives, identify appropriate supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals.
• Be accountable for conducting research activities in a compliant manner.
• Integrate primary research insights with analytical insights to build a comprehensive and holistic understanding of the market place and key business issues within Metabolism, and translate into business impact.
• Provide strategic input to help shape strategic and business plans, brand strategies and new product launch plans and life cycle management for Metabolism.
• Focus on key business questions/issues and frame business problems into research plans.
• Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
• Partner across the CIS team to integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) into strategies and organizational actions that drive tangible growth in revenue or profit.
• The ability to demonstrate leadership courage in order to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is critical.
• Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies. Act with speed, agility and accountability.
• Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight driven to uncover important unmet needs.
• Presents complex issues in a clear and persuasive manner effectively communicating recommendations to cross functional teams and brand team.
• Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture.
• Bachelor Degree is required
• Advanced degree is desirable.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience required.
• A minimum of 2 years of in-role market research experience required.
• New product launch experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience in patient/consumer strategy, marketing, intelligence, sales, business analytics, strategic planning, and/or management consulting preferred.
• Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets or customers, such as primary care/retail or specialty markets and HCP/Patient/Payer customer groups.
• Experience managing direct reports preferred.
• Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus.
• Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence franchise/brand level decisions and strategies is required.
• Consumer DTC and/or advertising experience is strongly preferred.
• Business acumen, strategic thinking, analytical skills and learning agility required.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate and leverage insights and analytics required.
• Experience in developing comprehensive and impactful recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions required
• This position is based in Titusville, NJ and requires up to 10% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.