Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Marketed Products Group Business Operations
in our Deerfield
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager working on the Marketed Products
team, you will be empowered to be innovative
, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Manage key cross-functional systems, processes, and meetings to maximize the value of the marketed products portfolio for patients and Takeda.
- Working with their management peers in the department, the Sr Mgr, MPG Business Operations will take the lead role in ensuring implementation of strategic initiatives including implementation of new operating models, analysis of resource utilization and planning, and process improvements to provide optimal R&D support for the marketed products portfolio.
- This position is responsible for the ongoing development and support of the function as well as the departmental homepages and/or other relevant communication media. Provide organizational development and communications expertise to the MPG team to enhance knowledge sharing, improve operational efficiency, and promote employee engagement.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to implement best practices, enhance teamwork and increase flexibility of the MPG organization.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in developing department Best Practices:
- Collaborate with department leadership to translate high-level Marketed Products Group’s strategy into clearly defined and measurable operational goals.
- Assume a leadership role in collaborating with management peers to establish Best Practices that clearly define key expectations and provide guidance on how to execute key MPG deliverables.
- Assume a leadership role in collaborating with management peers to establish quality plan for Best Practices to ensure they meet organization needs and are being adhered to across the department. Develop mitigation plans or process improvements as any quality issues arise.
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional meetings with key MPG stakeholders to provide timely updates of on-going initiatives and resolve open issues. Specific activities include coordinate collaboration technologies, prepare agendas and meeting materials, facilitate discussion during the meeting, distribute meeting minutes, and track action items.
- Lead the ongoing development and manage global MPG communications programs (e.g. websites, newsletters) and MPG events (e.g. town hall meetings, employee recognition events) to share meaningful information with stakeholders and promote employee engagement.
- Manages initiatives with external strategic partners (e.g. PRA) and internal functional (e.g. Clinical Operations, Clinical Pharmacology) to implement novel operating models which provide flexible functional support for marketed products. This includes partnering with functional leads to evaluate partner capabilities, design support models that meet MPG requirements, and regularly evaluate partner performance to stimulate continuous improvement.
- Implement and improve global MPG resource planning processes to monitor on-going resource requirements across all functions that support marketed products and predict future resource needs associated with changes in product portfolio and new strategic initiatives.
- Develop internal monthly reports, metrics, dashboards and executive dashboards as needed.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- In partnership with Head of MPG Business Operations, collaborate with cross-divisional stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment across the marketed products portfolio and proactively address future business initiatives.
- Minimum BS/BA degree with MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of pharmaceutical or other relevant industry experience including at least two of the following areas: product development, project management, portfolio management, communications, and business planning. Other relevant experience may be considered.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional initiatives to achieve challenging objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentations).
- Strong leadership capability with skills in leading change management initiatives.
- Knowledge of global drug development, commercialization and strategic planning preferred.
- Ability to work independently, is self-motivated with a clear track record of delivering results in challenging, ambiguous situations while managing multiple issues/deadline simultaneously.
- Ability to influence others and build consensus among heterogeneous stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with a variety of business partners across different regions and cultures.
- Experience with quantitative data collection and analysis to evaluate historical trends and design future forecasting models.
- Experience working with MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Sharepoint as well as the development, implementation and maintenance of a website, homepage and/or other communication media.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.
Takeda is a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan and R&D offices in Chicago, Boston and London. Therefore, up to 25% domestic and international travel is a requirement of the position. This position also requires the ability to drive to various external meetings.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.