Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Corporate Business Intelligence team supports PayPal's executives by delivering world-class performance management solutions and analytics that provide insights on key business drivers, trends, and opportunities. The team's scope covers all of PayPal's businesses globally, encompassing 200 million+ active accounts in more than 200 markets. The Team is part of the Global Analytics and Insights Team, reporting up through the CFO organization.
The Marketing Business Intelligence Lead is a Senior Manager role reports directly to the Head of Business Intelligence and is a high-impact, high-visibility position with exposure to PayPal's senior leadership team across regions and functions. The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading the Marketing BI vertical and will manage a team that partners with Marketing Analytics to support the Marketing Management Team. The team's mandate includes designing new performance management solutions as well as optimizing the global portfolio of existing solutions.
The role requires strong strategic and analytical skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders across geographies, businesses and functions. Additionally the role requires the ability to drive change and innovation within the BI team, as the group's scope and mandate expand.
- Develop a deep understanding of PayPal's business lines, products and geographies
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify key performance metrics and build executive-level dashboards and analyses to track the progress of PayPal's businesses and high-priority initiatives
- Perform deep-dives to identify challenges, opportunities and specific actions required
- Lead a team of project managers to execute on large scale projects
- 10+ years of experience in business intelligence, analytics, strategy or related functions
- Experience managing high-performing business intelligence or analytical teams
- Experience managing senior level stakeholder, including strong influencing skills and the ability to navigate a global organization
- Proven history of developing BI solutions across a range of marketing activities (TV, print, radio, OOH, paid search, display, online video, owned media, email, sponsorships and promotions)
- Analytical knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: internet marketing, campaign optimization, customer segmentation, ROI analysis, multi-channel B2B and/or B2C marketing, web analytics
- Experience in Financial Services and Payments is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint; SQL, reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview) and databases (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop) highly desirable
- Bachelor degree from a top tier institution. MBA/MS is a plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.