The Senior Manager for Metadata Management reports to the Director of Big Data Platforms and will lead/manage the implementation of metadata architecture & tools within GBT's big data platform, in connection with GBT Data governance program. Accordingly, this role is not a hands on technical position, but rather managerial and project related in scope and depth.
- Own the requirements from ideation down to user stories
- Inspire and provide steady direction to technology team
- Create, mature and communicate the metadata management strategy:
- Set direction for taxonomy content, metrics and processes, maintaining a multi-year roadmap.
- Own business requirements related to taxonomy tools, metrics and or processes
- Recommend changes to policies & business logic and establishes procedures
- Influence across a broad range of engineers, designers, business owners, and stakeholders in order to define a global taxonomy
- Develop metrics and measures of data quality in the Big Data Platform
- Collaborate with the Data science team to build advanced methods for identifying data quality issues and proactive data curation
- Engage in software evaluations and technical proof of concepts
- Gather status of data issues and progress data issues actively being worked
- Identify and engage appropriate resources to contribute to data issue resolutions as needed
Lead the business strategy for Data discovery tool
Gather data discovery requirements from our consultant/analyst users
Coordinate with technical team the set up of this data discover environment
- 5+ years on a Taxonomy, Ontology or Metadata management role
- Experience in Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Quality Management and Data Architecture Standardization
- Knowledge of Data Quality concepts, tools and techniques, including creating a Data Quality pilot solution
- Significant exposure to big data technology
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) concepts, tools, and techniques, and creating a MDM pilot solution.
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing complex roadmaps.
- Highly effective leader with expertise in architecture and implementation of large & complex projects
- Strong communication skills and partnerships with technology, product strategy
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate innovation and strategy from domain expertise
- Degree in computer science, engineering
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .
A little about us: