Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs at scale. We want you to ask “what if?” and "why?"
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We are a FinTech company with a startup feel that offers great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One engineer, you'll ship customer-facing mobile apps to millions of customers. As a tech lead, you'll guide your team through the hurdles of shipping enterprise grade software to production. As a people manager, you'll help shape the minds and careers of your team. As an intellectually curious engineer, you'll experiment with how to make your team more efficient while teaching yourself new technologies. As a Capital One employee, you'll enjoy the benefits of stability and constant training opportunities - internally and externally.
What You'll Do
- Lead and teach a team of passionate software engineers - driving engineering delivery
- Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from broader team
- Have a seat at the table. Partner with our product, design and business counterparts to shape the roadmap
- Contribute to inner and open source projects that power experiences enjoyed by millions of customers
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of software engineering experience
- At least 4 years of professional Android experience, including core Android constructs
- At least 2 years experience in people management
- Masters Degree
- 8+ years software development experience
- 4+ years experience in Agile
- 4+ years of professional Android experience, including core Android constructs such as Layouts, Widgets, Views, Services, Activities and Fragments
- 1+ years experience building products accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
- 1+ years experience presents coding topics to development peer group internal and external to work
- 1+ years experience developing and supported an app in one of the Android markets (Google Play, Amazon App Store, etc.)
- 1+ years experience with Android unit testing frameworks and automation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.