Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Senior Manager of Direct Sales, Public Sector: Chicago ILWhy Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
The Sr. Manager, Direct Sales
manages a public sector sales team. The leader will manage Account Executives in a matrixed organization that call on an assigned territory list of existing public sector (State, Local Government Hi-Ed, K-12) and healthcare and life sciences accounts within the assigned geography.Role Responsibilities
The Manager directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group and provides direction, development and inspiration to team members. This leader is also responsible for managing sales goals and expectations for their team. They manage the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Manages field sales team members in the sale of the organization's products or services to specific existing named or strategic accounts on a national geographic basis
- Manages all direct field sales account managers, may manage indirect and overlay field services account managers
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities
- Provides direction and guidance for operations, administration and results for a major department or multiple departments within a function or work area
- Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning
- May influence the strategic and/or long-term focus for the function
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for area managed
- Initiates integrated business plans based on senior leadership strategy
- Develops budgets, schedules and performance requirements
- Builds long-term development and succession plans
- Applies influence and negotiation skills to drive business results
- Collaborates with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Serves as important liaison to external contacts (customers and vendors)
- Assumes responsibility for sales objectives
- 12+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skills
- In-depth understanding of public sector sales, ideally at the State level
- High level of solutions and technical knowledge
- Must live in Chicago, IL
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Job Family: Outside Sales
Job ID: R19439
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.