Senior Manager of Software Engineering
Do you want to change the way the world banks? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best people in the industry? Are you a person that gets excited at leading through change? Do you have a desire to further your knowledge of lean principles and platform management in the Cloud? If so, this opportunity is for you.
This position is for a dynamic and strategic leader who can join the teams in middle and start making difference from day one. In this role as a Senior Manager, you will provide technology leadership, design/architectural guidance, remove impediments and be part of driving successful delivery of the key initiates. Clear & crisp communication and setting up right expectations, maintaining customer focus and relation, building confidence with business are key responsibilities.
As an Engineering Manager, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Agile teams while being hands on in development work as needed. Removing technical impediments, designing the platform/application implementations with cutting edge technologies and leading a successful team are core parts of responsibilities. This position requires working in fast paced environment which needs realigning priorities and changing strategies for successful implementation of business requirements.• Execution – Deliver on-time with high bar of quality our engineering solutions
• Must be able to work and influence a large number of cross functional teams
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and learn from other members of the engineering community
• Experience in driving new tools and processes to agile development teams
• Proven expertise in adopting innovation at workplace
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption
• Proficiency with standard ITIL processes, including Change, Incident, and Release management
• Bachelor’s Degree OR military experience
• At least 7 years of experience in software engineering, platform engineering, middleware or database technology
• At least 3 years of technology leadership experience building customer facing products
• At least 3 years of Cloud centric micro-services application architecture experience
• Master's in Information Technology OR Master's degree in Computer Science
• 3+ years of experience managing medium to large size agile teams
• 3+ years of experience with the AWS eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture
• 3+ years of leading modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)Capital
One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.