Under the general direction of a Director, the Senior Manager, Operations is responsible for the strategic oversight, administration and management of one of more operational programs. Senior Managers are typically responsible for leading an operational team of managers and associates by establishing goals and expectations for team oversight, setting direction and influencing team performance through the development and coaching of managers. This role is responsible to ensure the program is operating in accordance to client service levels, compliance standards and operational efficiency. Senior Managers, Operations also work with the client to provide program updates, regular reporting, and address client issues. In addition, this role may collaborate with the Director and New Business Development on new business initiatives as well as in offering creative solutions to expand service offerings to clients. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Account Management to include serving as the primary liaison between company and client; lead client meetings; field client questions and requests; interpret client needs and develop appropriate action plan; work with management team to monitor, assess and identify strategies to improve program processes, services, systems and analysis; and provide internal advocacy for client.
- Team Management to include working with management team to ensure that team is meeting contractual obligations and to seek ways to improve operational performance; identify staffing needs and work with HR to recruit appropriate staffing; serve as the interface for cross functional activities; work with team management to design programs to maintain high motivation among team members; establish goals for the team; conducts performance reviews of management team; provides training and mentoring to team members and conducts career development discussions; Hold regular meetings with team and one-on-one meetings with managers; Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and partner with Human Resources in the resolution of associate relations issues.
- Business Development to include partner with New Business Development in customizing and making capabilities presentations, which market services of company to prospective clients; May partner with New Business Development to write proposals for new and existing customers; stay abreast of new business development opportunities; influencing clients by helping them see advantages of using other Lash services; may identify new services to existing programs which will help add value to both client and Lash Group
- Training and Mentoring to include translating organizational strategies into team goals; leading training sessions; mentoring managers and assistant managers; develop plans to facilitate growth and development for team members; help identify potential opportunities for team members; coach and counsel managers and assistant managers and help prepare them for next level.
- Financial Accountability to include managing monthly budget and expenses; complete follow-up on outstanding invoices; may participate in budget development; apply key financial indicators (i. e., operating income, revenue, ROCC, and Flash) to help measure program financial performance; and apply appropriate pricing models and strategies as it relates pricing for new business.
- Quality and Compliance to include explaining to clients how we ensure and track quality; implement and ensure that processes are in place to monitor quality and program compliance Collaborates with Compliance team on program audits; works with leadership team to address audit findings and to implement corrective action
- Organizational leadership to include supporting company initiatives; exemplifying core values; accepting and effectively communicating decisions on company policies, plans and programs; ensuring open communication at all levels; and rewarding appropriate behavior.
- May collaborate across various groups (i.e. IT, PMO, NBD) on program projects, new service line implementations, database updates, UAT
- May require travel to attend client meetings, trainings, or to support team members across multiple offices.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Requires broad training in fields such as business or healthcare administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences, social work or other vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or clinical studies such as nursing, pharmacy and other clinical roles. Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years of progressively related responsibility, including at least three (3) years at a supervisory level. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- General knowledge of reimbursement and patient assistance programs and database elements and functionality; operational policies and processes, particularly distribution processes/interfaces preferred
- Client management experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to collaborate and work across groups to make decisions and resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process
- General understanding of health care payer research, healthcare policy and payer landscape preferred
- Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently